Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ignition Switch 08 Escape 6cyl 4x4

Mustang_Driver
05-18-2017, 07:04 PM
Hi i just bought a 2008 Ford Escape and it seems that i may have an issue with the Ignition switch as it will start then it won't then it takes a couple tries and then it starts if you push in on the key. I have taken the cover off from around the steering column and i think i found the switch in question, but i need to know how to release the clips that hold it in as the bottom one looks like someone attempted to fix it and used what looks like epoxy on it to hold it in place. is there an easy way of removing the unit as a whole and working on it out of the vehicle without affecting the pats system.. also if anyone has any literature on this procedure that would also be much appreciated

Mustang_Driver
05-21-2017, 01:12 AM
well i tackled this job wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be after i got through the epoxy fix from the last owner(couldn't afford to pay 50.00 ti fix i guess) so i got the ignition fixed and now i just need to drive it to reset the ecu as i had to disconnect the battery.

Mustang_Driver
05-23-2017, 02:05 AM
Ok i jumped the gun a little too quick, i installed the new ignition module and everything seemed to be ok till today when i got in the escape and i had to try the key several times at at least 3 stops so i guess it is not the module and one have any other ideas what else i am too look for? Also it has a recall for the steering something to do with the electronic power assist... anyone have any idea what i am to look for on this as the dealer said unless i am having issues with the steering they WON'T fix it so i don't want to run into trouble on a road trip with steering issues if i don't have to i do notice the steering is super easy turning to the left and a little stiffer going to the right is this what they mean ( i can turn the wheels with my pinky finger one way but need my index finger to turn the other)

Add your comment to this topic!