Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

can anyone tell me what this part is?

12-11-2016, 03:00 PM
I have beentrying to figure out what this is called so I can replace it as its bad- can anyone help point me to what i should be looking for? I was taken out of a driveshaft right past the center support bearing-


10-12-2017, 03:40 PM
It looks like the ball bearings, spacer cage, and inner bearing part of a constant velocity joint; like any front wheel drive car is likely to have, at the front hubs.
I dont think anyone will sell you what you are showing in the image. They would sell the next higher assembly. In other words, the entire bearing assembly, or a Constant Velocity halfshaft assembly. I dont know anything about Touregs though.
That kind of a CV joint is called a Birfield-Rzeppa joint. However I doubt most parts countermen wont know by that name.

Add your comment to this topic!