Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4.3 tbi miss at idle ???

alexdon18
11-05-2016, 08:51 PM
i have a 1995 s10 with a 4.3 vortec tbi that badly shakes at idle.
i recently replaced spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor
the truck drives runs fine. the miss goes away soon as it revs at all, and it doesnt miss when its driving. the truck is also running rich, and it doesnt get the mileage it should. about 11mpg highway.

i have recently checked the MAP sensor, and the truck has 145k miles in it.

rhandwor
12-13-2016, 07:33 AM
i have a 1995 s10 with a 4.3 vortec tbi that badly shakes at idle.
i recently replaced spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor
the truck drives runs fine. the miss goes away soon as it revs at all, and it doesnt miss when its driving. the truck is also running rich, and it doesnt get the mileage it should. about 11mpg highway.

i have recently checked the MAP sensor, and the truck has 145k miles in it.

You can try cleaning the temperature sensor a two wire sensor. Sometimes they get coated with scale. I would watch the operating temperature with my scanner. Feel the top and bottom radiator hose they should be close to the same temperature. This is when the car is at operating temperature. A bad thermostat will cause the engine to run rich. Try spraying some wd 40 along the intake manifold. If the engine smooths out you have a vacuum leak. Replace any cracked vacuum hose. Sometimes the throttle body needs cleaned like a carburator.

Extrapartsgreat
01-29-2017, 09:22 AM
If you replaced cap and rotor u prob got it out of time you can loosen the bolt that holds the distributor then turn it but not much to the right that can help worked for mine 95 tbi 4.3 manual

Add your comment to this topic!