Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Intrigue P0300 from oil

65comet
10-24-2016, 07:12 AM
The dreaded P0300 random misfire can come from many things. For my Mom's Intrigue I first visually checked for vacuum leaks then started with the plugs. I didn't think it was the plugs because she had had new ones put in about 20,000 miles ago. I started right to left in the front. #3 was fine. When I looked in at the tube for #2, the plug was buried in oil. Same for #1. She had a recent oil change and they must have spilled all over the filler and on top of the coil pack center. With a closer look, I could see a line from the top of dried backed in oil from the top of the coil pack gasket. Back plugs were fine and dry. After the cleaning and a reset it runs great again. I'm going to check again after some serious driving to make sure it isn't a valve cover leak at the seal for the spark plug tubes. I made extra sure the coil pack assembly gasket was good and clean and sealing tight when I reinstalled to halt any possible future introduction from an oil jockey. If it is the tube gaskets, I'll add to the post.

Add your comment to this topic!