Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

where can i find

09-07-2016, 06:40 PM
i went to change the transmission mount on my 98 cavalier 2.2L and the bolt rounded off in the center of the mount i have searched and searched for the piece of the mount that bolts to the transmission and goes threw the rubber part on the mount, any ideas on where to locate one?

09-07-2016, 08:20 PM
That center bolt is a pain in the ass. I was helping my cousin change the mount on his girlfriend's Cavalier. We too ran into issues on the center bolt. After multiple attempts with no luck we took the mount to a friend who had a set of torches. After heating the bolt it came out.

09-07-2016, 09:05 PM
yea this one rounded off not much left from trying all kinds of different stuff, but may try that and drive another size socket on it while it is hot. and man oh man are them things hard to find.

Add your comment to this topic!