Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

toyota echo help

stevebennett5
07-14-2016, 01:22 PM
i have a 2001 toyota echo i just completed a complete brake job i used after market rotors drums shoes and pads .im having an issue with the front brakes rattling its really loud when i hit bumps in the road .i researched the internet and found out alot of people have the same problem..i went to a toyota dealership today and asked them what i can do about the rattling the parts guy told me that this was the first that hes ever heard about the pads rattling on a toyota echo.. so i asked if theres some kind of clip that i can get to install on the pads and he said no...theres got to be a shim or something that i can get to stop the pads from rattling. the squealing i can put up with but the rattling is getting unbearable the parts guy told me i can get the factory pads but i told him hows that going to stop ,my rattling problem the pads are the same size as the ones i put on he was trying to make money. does anyone have any advice ??? i know theres got to be some kind of clip to stop the pads from rattling any help would be helpful

Add your comment to this topic!