Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Diesel engine swap

strada95
02-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Hi folks.
Hope that i am correct here. Im a proud owner of a 95 Diesel 4x4 double cabin mitsubishi l200 which looks similar to the mighty max. I live in dominican republic and my motor broke down. Its a diezel non turbo engine. Now I want to put in something stronger and thougt about a radical swap and putting in a 6g72 gasoline v6 engine. I dont want to loose my 4wheel drive. My car is a manual transmission model. Does anybody have an idea which motor will fut without too many problems? I do not want a diesel e gine any more... Thanks for help. I am speaking spanish and german too .

Stealthee
02-26-2016, 10:03 PM
I don't know how the mounts differ but SOHC 12V 6G72 came stock in the MM. I doubt it would bolt up to the diesel transmission, but all the 6G72 trucks were 4WD. You would probably need an entire donor truck to make this happen.

strada95
02-29-2016, 04:24 PM
Thank you very much for your answer. Mechanics here are not that perfect but working time is very cheap. I have been talking to a friend in germany. He told me that there are even adaptors for sale between engine and transmission. I would like to have the 6 cilinder engine... Could hou give me more advices please?

Add your comment to this topic!