Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Got Duped at the Dealer?

rardoe
02-16-2016, 03:34 PM
I bought a 2012 Lexus HS250h from a dealer about 4 months ago. I've had a few odd issues with it, including 2 flat tires that mysteriously happened as well as some odd electrical/computer issues.

When I bought the car, the Carfax clearly said the car was a 1 owner car in no accidents or any issues whatsoever.

The other day I dropped something between the seats. When I went to look between the seats, I came upon a repair report. The car had been really badly damaged.

I bought the car for 25k. The damage amount, from the missing paperwork, is 16k.

I am feeling like I got ripped off and honestly want to give them the car back with a big "f u" letter. I doubt this is even possible and I probably have no recourse.

This happened in Colorado.

Any advice?

Stealthee
02-16-2016, 07:15 PM
Its possible the dealer didn't even know about the damage.

And you have learned the hard way that Carfax is a joke. I know for a fact my Stealth has had 3 reported incidents. The previous owner informed me he hit a deer with it and it was repaired. I hit a deer with it, and then was forced off the road into some guardrails a few months after I purchased it.

Not one of those incidents appear on Carfax for my car.

You might want to look into Carfax's "buyback guarantee" though I doubt it will do much.

Add your comment to this topic!