Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AWD and ABS Disabled

northerturdburglar
02-08-2016, 04:26 PM
I'm at my wits end with this vehicle. It's a 2006 Chevy Uplander. We live in snow country and thought an AWD van would be a good option. However, a year after buying it, the Service ABS light, Brake warning light, and AWD Disabled light came on.

So for about the past 2 weeks, we've been driving it in front wheel drive...and it is the absolute worst vehicle I've ever driven in the snow :banghead: .

I brought it in to have the ABS sensor troubleshot. The scanner was only able to read 1 wheel speed sensor. So now here is my predicament:

I am aware that the wheel speed sensor will malfunction as the wheel bearing deteriorates, but I have a hard time believing that 3 wheel bearings have gone sour (I jacked up each tire...they're all tight). Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys!

Tech II
02-09-2016, 08:40 AM
"I brought it in to have the ABS sensor troubleshot. The scanner was only able to read 1 wheel speed sensor."

Was this a local garage or GM garage?

What were the codes?

So you are saying that, when they put the scan tool on, they could not read data from three of the wheels? But they could from one?

Most shops have a spare hub that they can attach to the harness connector....they spin the hub and look for data....this verifies if the hub sensor is bad, or if it is a harness problem.......

Add your comment to this topic!