Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

TPMS flaked out

jehanny
02-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot a TPMS issue such as this on an 08 Town and Country:
I was driving down the road when my low tire pressure light starts blinking. I switch over to see which tire was misbehaving. First my passenger rear showed no tire pressure, moments later the passenger front goes from 37 to --. So no monitoring of passenger side at all. Moments later the entire driver side TPMS goes blank (--). I pull over, check the tires and all are fine. I drive a bit more and the pressure readings slowly come back online...Any suggestions (other than get a new van...which if you read my other posts...I am so ready to dump this thing)?:banghead:

Stealthee
02-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Usually when it shows a -- its indicating a dead sensor. Factory sensors are said to have a 7 year battery lifespan. You are toward that lifespan now.

I did have a similar freak out on my Grand Prix the other day. I got in the car and headed up the road. Less than a mile after I pulled out my CHECK LEFT FRONT TIRE light came on. I switched to that screen and it was reading 21 psi. I thought maybe I ran over something so I kept watching it and it remained unchanged. A minute later the light went out and the pressure was back where it had put the tire at weeks before.

I consider it a brain fart at this time.

Add your comment to this topic!