Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Sedona play in steering

hevi99
11-21-2015, 06:32 PM
I have a 2003 Sedona EX and recently it developed a little bit of play in the steering wheel. If the wheel is centered it's got about 1.5 inch play in both directions before it actually starts to turn. I haven't had to much of a chance to look at it cause of the weather, but any ideas on where to start or what the problem could be?

MikeCStig
11-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Ball joints, tie rod ends, control arms, just to name a few. Maybe the steering rack itself, but check the first few before the rack.

hevi99
01-04-2016, 07:23 AM
Ball joints, tie rod ends, control arms, just to name a few. Maybe the steering rack itself, but check the first few before the rack.

Ball joints, tie rod ends and control arms seem good. New symptom started today, now it's making a clicking noise when turning. Some people said to check the intermediate shaft, it's really cold today so I haven't had a chance to check the bottom side of the shaft the top is good and don't have any play. I'm leaning towards the rack which sucks.

Crvett69
01-04-2016, 02:43 PM
can also take it to a alignment place and they can tell you what needs to be replaced

Add your comment to this topic!