Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Revell USA Q1 2016 releases flier

Exotics_Builder
11-13-2015, 09:28 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s110/exotics_builder/REVELL%20NewReleases_1stQtr_2016-0001_zpsvlndy9pa.jpg

willimo
11-13-2015, 03:01 PM
How are they even in business anymore?

blubaja
11-14-2015, 11:18 AM

:dunno:

kopek
11-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Bit harsh!!! A few of them you make something of.
Could you see where you were going in that Mustang?

petesy
11-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Bit harsh!!! A few of them you make something of.
Could you see where you were going in that Mustang?
That Mustang is just an existing, not very bright in itself, kit with a new hood and wheels.

I can forseee the Ford GT will be a joke like the 2015 Mustang and the 2017 Raptor. I hope Revell will prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breath over it.

All and all, just another insult to people who want to build something not made in the stone age.

MPWR
11-14-2015, 09:25 PM

:lol::lol:

:shakehead

hirofkd
11-16-2015, 04:41 AM
Revell's Enzo turn out pretty good, so I'll be happy to build one or two Ford GT kits, especially because it's 1/24 scale.
If they can't release a full kit profitably, they might as well make *accurate* curbside snap kits, since you can just use glue to put them together.

ZoomZoomMX-5
11-16-2015, 08:04 AM
Revell's Enzo turn out pretty good, so I'll be happy to build one or two Ford GT kits, especially because it's 1/24 scale.
If they can't release a full kit profitably, they might as well make *accurate* curbside snap kits, since you can just use glue to put them together.

While I fear Revell has left any sort of detailed modern model cars in the dust for attracting the kids....I love the GT, even if it is a snap kit. I've seen a ton of cool builds using the 2015 Mustang, which has less detail than the GT (no headlight detail-there is detail under the clear covers on the GT, no mirrors).

The GT will be the Detroit & Chicago Auto Show make & take kit, and in March it will be available for sale. At that point they'll open up flashed-over holes in the body for snap-in side mirrors.

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rrkwdrqbfwwbgdkxdksdtwdfsd,vi/rtkwwfdgsxrgdrgdsbkxsqkbkrdst/1/10258/17860/IMG_7414-vi.jpg
http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rrkwdrqbgsdddrfxdksdtwdfsd,vi/gkbrfgwkxrftqwgtbwxttwkwktsb/1/10258/17860/IMG_7415-vi.jpg
http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rrkwdrqbkrbwrwtxdksdtwdfsd,vi/rqfffqfqtxwdttffqkwxrftqwgtbw/1/10258/17860/IMG_7416-vi.jpg
http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rrkwdrqbkbdbsqsxdksdtwdfsd,vi/kbqtdwdswxrwgtdqdwrxwttkwwbdq/1/10258/17860/IMG_7417-vi.jpg

Exotics_Builder
11-16-2015, 09:15 AM
[quote=ZoomZoomMX-5;7174808]While I fear Revell has left any sort of detailed modern model cars in the dust for attracting the kids....I love the GT, even if it is a snap kit. I've seen a ton of cool builds using the 2015 Mustang, which has less detail than the GT (no headlight detail-there is detail under the clear covers on the GT, no mirrors).

The GT will be the Detroit & Chicago Auto Show make & take kit, and in March it will be available for sale. At that point they'll open up flashed-over holes in the body for snap-in side mirrors.

/quote]

I share the concern on modern cars not being detailed and oriented towards younger, less experienced builders. I can understand why Revell is doing it, I just don't like it.

I also don't like I heard them say there are no current plans in the works for a C7 Z06 or Z06 C7.R from Revell or RoG looking at doing any modern Ferraris like the 458 Speciale, F12 TdF or 458 Spyder. Current plans, to me, read as 2016 and 2017.

At least it sounds like a C7R is being considered.

Revell is likely to get less of my modeling dollars given their current trends. But then, I have over 800 unbuilts in the basement "hobby shop".

penta
11-16-2015, 10:27 AM
http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rrkwdrqbfwwbgdkxdksdtwdfsd,vi/rtkwwfdgsxrgdrgdsbkxsqkbkrdst/1/10258/17860/IMG_7414-vi.jpg

Just curious, is that the new Revell nascar ford fusion in the background?

ZoomZoomMX-5
11-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Just curious, is that the new Revell nascar ford fusion in the background?

Yes, I had limited time at the table so didn't photograph anything other than the GT since it was the only new item that appealed to me personally. I only gave cursory glances to the others..it was a crazy good show, packed and busy all day.

penta
11-17-2015, 01:00 AM
Yes, I had limited time at the table so didn't photograph anything other than the GT since it was the only new item that appealed to me personally. I only gave cursory glances to the others..it was a crazy good show, packed and busy all day.

Ok, thanks. What show are you talking about? maybe I can find some photo in other galleries...

ZoomZoomMX-5
11-17-2015, 10:00 AM
Ok, thanks. What show are you talking about? maybe I can find some photo in other galleries...

The ACME Southern Nationals from Atlanta this past weekend.

I believe there are photos of the Revell stuff in this album, which is an excellent look at what was at our show.

http://public.fotki.com/mamaprez/model_car_shows_/southern-nnl/

nascar49
11-17-2015, 11:53 PM
The ACME Southern Nationals from Atlanta this past weekend.

I believe there are photos of the Revell stuff in this album, which is an excellent look at what was at our show.

http://public.fotki.com/mamaprez/model_car_shows_/southern-nnl/

Page 7 has the photos of Revell stuff

Some very excellent builds at the show

penta
11-18-2015, 04:43 AM
Page 7 has the photos of Revell stuff
I've seen it. Thanks!

Some very excellent builds at the show
Yep, I agree

firun
11-18-2015, 07:46 AM
Well I guess time has come to learn Blender and purchase Formlabs 3D-printer. Companies like Revell are outdated with their pretty modest releases.

F1Tommy
11-18-2015, 03:48 PM
A photo of the Ford GT at the Chicago Auto show. The best car at the show was the red one....

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd85/F1tommy/IMG_6579_zpsfapoblss.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd85/F1tommy/Alfa1506_zpsa8ccacce.jpg

lovegt40
11-19-2015, 01:11 AM
....la nostra "stradale "...

willimo
11-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Modest offerings are one thing. One or two kits a years is a disappointment, but if the kits are any good we'll live. And how many times to I see Tamiya raked over the coals for making only a couple kits, and them having "simplified" engines or whatever. People freak out! I wish they made kits like the old Supra, R32, or NSX, at least the new, "simple" kits have headlight buckets and fit properly!

The Porsche is apparently a cool kit. The Enzo surprised everyone - but that was what, five years ago? More? Their bread and butter is going to be repoping kits like the Camaro, the Chevy truck, and the Corvette. Those are totally OK kits, that only suffer of the regular Revell transgressions. But I wish they wouldn't even bother with stuff like the big-wheeled Camaro or Mustang - dollars to donuts, the tires are four scale inches wide, and the wheels on the Camaro are a joke. People will be buying the weird, one-off Aoshima "Family Cobra" Honda Odyssey kit just to have a decent version that style of wheel.

And sure, some people have made the 2015 Mustang look nice, but there is no excuse for having to paint clever trompe l'oeil in lieu of actually molded headlights. None. I'm all for attracting new modelers, but how disappointed will those new modelers be when they become experienced modelers?

I didn't intend to make a rant out of this - my general reaction to their lineup is an emphatic shrug. I wouldn't be buying a GT anyway, even if it was a great kit. But geez. We shouldn't tolerate this. We can't justify making our own decals to replace stickers for something as key to the look of a car as the graphics on the side of a Ford Raptor. How is this ok?

nascar49
11-22-2015, 04:02 AM
Modest offerings are one thing. One or two kits a years is a disappointment, but if the kits are any good we'll live. And how many times to I see Tamiya raked over the coals for making only a couple kits, and them having "simplified" engines or whatever. People freak out! I wish they made kits like the old Supra, R32, or NSX, at least the new, "simple" kits have headlight buckets and fit properly!

The Porsche is apparently a cool kit. The Enzo surprised everyone - but that was what, five years ago? More? Their bread and butter is going to be repoping kits like the Camaro, the Chevy truck, and the Corvette. Those are totally OK kits, that only suffer of the regular Revell transgressions. But I wish they wouldn't even bother with stuff like the big-wheeled Camaro or Mustang - dollars to donuts, the tires are four scale inches wide, and the wheels on the Camaro are a joke. People will be buying the weird, one-off Aoshima "Family Cobra" Honda Odyssey kit just to have a decent version that style of wheel.

And sure, some people have made the 2015 Mustang look nice, but there is no excuse for having to paint clever trompe l'oeil in lieu of actually molded headlights. None. I'm all for attracting new modelers, but how disappointed will those new modelers be when they become experienced modelers?

I didn't intend to make a rant out of this - my general reaction to their lineup is an emphatic shrug. I wouldn't be buying a GT anyway, even if it was a great kit. But geez. We shouldn't tolerate this. We can't justify making our own decals to replace stickers for something as key to the look of a car as the graphics on the side of a Ford Raptor. How is this ok?

Its sad, but as of late, when talking about Revell, it always seems to turn into a rant.

mattbacon
11-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Personally, I'm quite happy with Revell (including RoG) new releases, and Tamiya's. It's not everything I might want (where's that state of the art E-Type?), but folk like Ebbro are coming along to make some nice kits of cars I never thought I'd see in 1/24 plastic form. At the end of the day, these companies aren't there to fulfil our wishes as petrolhead modellers, but to make money. We don't think like them; their marketing guys don't think like us. But don't wrote them off as stupid. You want a company that produces exactly what we want, because it's run by petrolhead modellers? Moebius doesn't do so bad. But if you want something that is to the 1:24/5 automodeller what Wingnut Wings is to the 1:32 WW1 aircraft modeller, then you better find the equivalent of Peter Jackson's money, personal passion, and tame 3D design studio staffed with expert modellers and enthusiastic WW1 history buffs. Has anyone asked Jay Leno if he'd sponsor/fund a line of 1:25 (ok, I'll compromise) kits of the inhabitants of his garage...? Actually, maybe that's not such a stupid idea.... ;-)

bestest,
M.

blubaja
11-23-2015, 04:11 PM
Revell's target audience is to children who have zero interest in the hobby. And will get no exposure to it. Like trying to sell a mortgage plan to a homeless.

petesy
12-11-2015, 04:14 AM
Revell's target audience is to children who have zero interest in the hobby.
Or people who are stuck in the 60's.

Exotics_Builder
12-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Whereas I don't agree with a lot of their offerings or level of detail, Revell USA is targeted to North America (USA mainly) and seems to be doing well. Revell of Germany targets Europe and their plans are totally separate.

Right now, Star Wars models are the big thing for Revell. I hope they sell tons of them if it provides for future offerings more detail oriented modelers will enjoy.

I guess it will be a wait and see on whether newer, more detailed models show up in subsequent quarter releases. Otherwise, my wallet will stay fatter.

Add your comment to this topic!