Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What car, in your opinion, is the least expensive to own?

abiggs98
09-26-2015, 07:32 PM
I'm a young, mildly broke, teenager who needs some guidance on her first car. I don't want anything fancy, this car could look like crap as long as it runs. But what car can I buy and have confidence in the fact I won't being cutting of a leg to own it? (repairs, gas milage, insurance, etc...) :confused::confused::confused:

dparsons01
11-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Honda Civic is the most popular that I am aware of for an old car, inexpensive to buy, won't break every month or week. They are hard to find in good condition and disappear quickly.

cousincletus
01-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Chevy Cavalier, Cobalt. Parts are cheap and available, insurance is reasonable, cheap to buy, very dependable.

paulfromoh
01-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Any fleet vehicle... They had regular maintenance, parts are plentiful and cheap (which is why they were fleet vehicles to begin with), & you can often pick them up for a good price

vehicles34
08-01-2016, 05:23 AM
Well when expenses is on top of the list than you need a car that needs least maintenance and is best with pikup and mileage.
Tata has the best mileage cars, whose spare parts are also not expensive to buy and hence that car becomes easy on pocket and is very economical eventually.

vehicles34
08-01-2016, 05:36 AM
Chevy Cavalier, Cobalt. Parts are cheap and available, insurance is reasonable, cheap to buy, very dependable.

Somehow I don't relate Chevy as cheap and economical car, help me to understand it more.

shorod
08-01-2016, 06:44 AM
Tata has the best mileage cars, whose spare parts are also not expensive to buy and hence that car becomes easy on pocket and is very economical eventually.

Maybe, but Tata is not available in the US which is where the original poster is from. The closest we can get to Tata is Jaguar and Range Rover.

-Rod

MikeCStig
08-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Definitely a Honda. They're not very expensive, they're not super high maintenance, and on the rare occasion that something fails, the replacement parts aren't very expensive.

dparsons01
08-03-2016, 03:37 PM
Somehow I don't relate Chevy as cheap and economical car, help me to understand it more.

Cheap yes, economical I would not think so. :nono: Would check consumer reports, but I would say odds are good you will have to fix it repeatedly

LucasL
08-10-2016, 03:44 PM
I think that honda civic, toyota corolla, nissan sentra and mazda 3 [possible spam link removed by moderator and replaced with -> ] If you have a means of attending an auto auction in your area, that might be a good way to find an inexpensive copy of the cars listed in this thread.

SimplyCB
03-22-2017, 08:30 AM
The rule of thumb for me is that I observe the roads for a while and see which cars do i see the most. also which cars are in taxis, taxi drivers tend to buy the most reliable and the cheapest ones so they can save money. if you buy the same model in private. you can be sure there will be plenty of shops, parts and easy fixes for that car.

I have tried the same in two very different countries and it was worked like a charm for me so far

janurmas
07-28-2017, 01:26 AM
You can choose among BMW cars. BMW cars are really good and match to the spirit of young like you.

Add your comment to this topic!