Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rubbing/Grinding noise continues even after changing both front W bearings

mohitb272
07-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Mine is a 2011 Odyssey with 75k miles. Recently, I noticed a whooshing/humming sound which a car mechanic diagnosed to a bad wheel bearing. I had him change that but the noise continued. He suggested a wheel alignment and rotation after which it became more apparent. Hence, I went to another 'trusted' meachanic who diagnosed it to the right side brake caliper and the other front wheel bearing which I got fixed as well, however, the noise still continued again. :mad::mad::mad::frown::frown::frown::frown:

I just get the feeling that there is something grinding/rubbing against something which is causing the rubbing / grinding noise (becomes really apparent while applying the brakes but continues when I release the brakes and can hear it clearly at low speeds). What else should I get checked? The grinding noise is bothering me. I know I sound like a moron :uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Stealthee
07-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Might not want to hear this, but it could still be a wheel bearing, a rear bearing.

I once chased a noise around my car. Changed left front. Could have swore that's where the noise was, but noise continued. Changed right front. Noise continued. I took my uncle for a ride and he said his thoughts were leaning to the right rear. Changed it, and noise continued. As soon as I jacked up the left rear I spun the wheel and could tell it was the culprit. Changed left rear and noise was gone.

Add your comment to this topic!