Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2013 2.4 No Heat!!

virgamanda
07-25-2015, 11:06 AM
I have a 2013 2.4 liter engine. I was wondering if someone could steer me in the right direction with this problem. I have 38000 miles and I have no heat whatsoever. There is absolutely no change in temperature from cold to hot, and on any position. I have plenty of antifreeze and it is clean. The hoses going to the heater core are hot and the temperature reading on the gauge is half way like it always is. Any ideas will be appreciated.

mudrunner80
08-24-2015, 10:39 AM
We have no heat on the passengers side. Beginning to hate this car

mudrunner80
08-24-2015, 10:41 AM
We have no heat on the passengers side but drivers side seems ok

gmtech1
08-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Sounds to me like a both of you have either temp door actuators or temperature door problems. Not sure where the actuators are located on these cars, but you could remove the actuators and move the doors by hand to be sure they are ok. There may be codes stored in the bcm or hvac module to assist in diag. A basic code reader will probably not read these codes.

Looks like you can pull the glove box out to access the actuator, doesn't appear to be too tough. On a dual temp set up, there will be an actuator on both sides on the HVAC housing.

unicorn2345
04-05-2018, 10:47 AM
I have a 2013 2.4 liter engine. I was wondering if someone could steer me in the right direction with this problem. I have 38000 miles and I have no heat whatsoever. There is absolutely no change in temperature from cold to hot, and on any position. I have plenty of antifreeze and it is clean. The hoses going to the heater core are hot and the temperature reading on the gauge is half way like it always is. Any ideas will be appreciated.

I had the same problem and found out that the heater core had went out and I had to replace it. The problem resulted from a manufacturers defect but I could not get the problem fixed through the corporation.

Add your comment to this topic!