Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Buick Lesabre A/C settings after battery replacement

2buicks
04-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Hi all, having problems setting driver comfort controls after replacing the battery. Does the car have to go thru a relearn process before all will come back to normal?

Used to be able to keep A/C set on auto. Now the A/C and fan motor won't come on unless you turn A/C to Off and then hit the AUTO button. Any suggestions?

MikeCStig
04-06-2015, 08:14 PM
If the a/c is part of an automated climate control system, the computer that controls it will probably have to be reset. I don't know the specific procedure for your car, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

2buicks
04-10-2015, 06:35 AM
Seems like a reset would do it, but, I'm not a A/C expert! Everything is working fine, it's just a pain to have to hit the OFF button then the AUTO button to get the A/C to come on. I did read one article, someone having another A/C type problem and someone suggested disconnecting the battery to get the system to clear the problem and then reconnect, but I don't want to try that and make matters worse. I'm hoping someone that has seen this problem before will be able to give me a good suggestion to try. Thanks for your reply! - Rick

2buicks
04-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Update: I just started the Buick with the AUTO button on, looked under the hood and the A/C compressor is engaged. So, it appears that there is something associated to the fan motor that is not telling the fan motor to engage when the car is started in the AUTO position. Could there be a relay gone bad or is it still something that has to relearn? Still hoping somebody out there has a clue as to what might be going on! Thanks - Rick

Add your comment to this topic!