Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stuck Dipstick

SaintJimmy
03-26-2015, 11:43 AM
The oil dipstick in my 2011 HHR is stuck. It'll come out a few inches, then catches on something. I've tried turning it in every direction possible, and at different angles. I've taken it to a few different shops that do oil changes and tuneups and so far no one has been able to get it loose.

Any ideas what it might be sticking on? Or how to get that thing out of there?

It's not hindering oil changes or anything. It's just annoying the hell out of me.

j cAT
04-26-2015, 05:31 PM
The oil dipstick in my 2011 HHR is stuck. It'll come out a few inches, then catches on something. I've tried turning it in every direction possible, and at different angles. I've taken it to a few different shops that do oil changes and tuneups and so far no one has been able to get it loose.

Any ideas what it might be sticking on? Or how to get that thing out of there?

It's not hindering oil changes or anything. It's just annoying the hell out of me. with the stick moving I would put vice grips on it and pull out. if the tip breaks off no big deal just get another stick. could be the stick at the full mark cracked and is getting stuck on the bottom of the tube. I would also consider removing the tube and see why it stuck.

Add your comment to this topic!