Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rear camber way too high (negative)

kaspr
10-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Hello,

I've noticed on a number of LeSabres (2000-2005) that the rear camber is way too negative, like 3 degrees or more negative camber. Was it commonly that way from the factory? There are no adjustable points for rear camber, so all that could be causing this are that it was angled that way from the factory, or the springs are sagging way too much. I highly doubt that after only 80,000 miles that the springs are sagging enough to cause this. Does anyone have any insight on this?

maxwedge
10-20-2014, 11:12 AM
The camber is adjustable where the arm connects to the crossmember, but worn components are more likely or the rear is too low.

kaspr
10-20-2014, 09:55 PM
I didn't see any way to adjust the arm for camber. The only adjustment is for toe. To change the camber you need to use shims between the hub and control arm. This GM manual concurs that there is no adjustment for camber. http://www.bowlingss.com/DownLoads/Service%20Manuals/2001%20Manual/WHEELA.PDF

The shocks are new and the level control is working properly, so there are no worn components and the ride height is normal. Still, there is like -3 degrees of camber. I’ve seen this on two LeSabres. It’s strange.

Add your comment to this topic!