Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Uplander problems

Kimberz6
10-19-2014, 05:14 PM
We have had our van for about 7 years. The ABS light has been on more often then not. I kept taking it in and no one could ever find anything wrong with it and I was just told to get used to it. Last week we had to get a new transmission. Now both the ABS light AND the brake light are on along with a loud beeping noise. I took it back in and again and they told me I just needed to get used to it, unless I want to pay $2000 for them to replace a whole section of the car. That includes $700 just for the ABS control module. I guess I am just looking for opinions on if the car is actually safe to drive. Seems to me that is a ton of money to spend if it is actually ONLY a sensor.

gmtech1
10-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Sounds to me like you need to take this to a actual repair shop for a proper diagnosis. Not wherever you have been taking it. Find out what codes are stored and post them so we have an idea what to look for.

Tech II
10-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Agree with GMTech1......when a garage says to you," I kept taking it in and no one could ever find anything wrong with it and I was just told to get used to it.", they don't know what they are doing....

Add your comment to this topic!