Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel Pump

94XLT
08-26-2014, 06:01 AM
I have a 99 Buick LeSabre and it died while I was pulling into a parking lot. It wouldn't start back up. I tried listening for the fuel pump and nothing. It's not priming or making any noise. Once I got it home I replaced the fuel pump relay. Still nothing so then I changed the fuel pump. Still nothing. I'm stumped. I'm going to check all the wires tonight to make sure I got them on right.

Is there any other relay or fuse on these cars that I can check? Has anyone else had any problems like this and if you did how did you fix it? Any knowledge or ideas on this would be a great help.

Thanks
Frank

maxwedge
08-26-2014, 06:23 AM
Make sure you have a good ground to the pump.

Tech II
08-26-2014, 08:51 AM
I agree with Max......check for power AND ground.....

Disconnect the harness to the fuel tank, and attach a test light to the two wires of the fuel pump circuit(grey wire and the larger(dia.) of the two black wires), on the harness side, not the tank side...

With key on, light should come on for two seconds....when cranking, it should be on constant......

If it does not light, individually check one leg for power(grey), and check the other for ground(larger diameter black).....

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0996b43f/80/21/b0/0a/large/0996b43f8021b00a.gif

94XLT
08-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the post guys. I just got home from work so I'm going to see what I can find. I will keep you posted.

Add your comment to this topic!