Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

obd fuse? '04

mall0rykn0xx
08-17-2014, 11:48 AM
"service engine soon" light is on in my 2004 buick lesabre custom.
i went to an auto shop to have them hook up the reader that tells you why the light is on and nothing showed up. the guy told me nothing showed on the reader because i need a new obd fuse. he checked my fuse box under the hood and said the fuse is in the car under the steering wheel and not that hard to replace. i'd like to try doing it myself and when i tried googling the fuse i got a lot of "obdii" and things about the a/c. (also my a/c seems to only work on passanger side of car, not drivers side. so if this fuse also has something to do with that - since like i said, the google search seemed to turn up a lot of a/c related articles - maybe that solves that problem as well!) not sure what the fuse is, where it's located and how to replace it. any info and links to a video or website for help would be greatly appreciated!

gmtech1
08-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Fuse won't fix the a/c. The fuse is in the rear fuse box, under the left side of the rear seat. Fuse #4 labled ALDL 10amp fuse. Rear seat cushion should just pop up and out with some effort. Push in at the front of the seat cushion and lift up, about the middle of where the rear seat passengers would sit.

Tech II
08-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Put your ac control head, in vent/econ mode(this keeps the compressor off), and command full hot and then full cold.......if it's equal at both extremes, this means your actuators are working ok.......the usual culprit is low freon in the system......

What do they mean "nothing showed up"? Could they read data from the PCM or they couldn't communicate with it?

mall0rykn0xx
08-26-2014, 04:53 PM
unable to communicate. he plugged it in and showed me the empty screen and said, "uh oh- nothings showing up on my screen, that means your fuse is blown." and then told
me i needed an obd fuse. checked my fuse box under the hood, said the fuse wasn't in there that it was in the car and usually easy to replace. told me if i knew someone who could replace it, to get it done and then go back to him and he'd try the reader again. i was hoping if it was easy to replace, i could do it myself. just looking for more info on it.

Tech II
08-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Did you pull up the rear seat, and check the fuse like GMTech1 suggested?

mall0rykn0xx
08-27-2014, 12:10 AM
yes, just did tonight. found the box, and the fuse. now i just need to replace the fuse.

Add your comment to this topic!