Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 jetta 5 speed manual oil change

wade623
08-06-2014, 07:18 PM
I have just got a jetta and was looking to change the oil in the transmission some time in the future but when I look for a place to put oil back in I can't see any place to do it so I'm wondering if anybody can tell me where to put oil back in after draining it

DeltaP
08-07-2014, 05:11 PM
You may have to remove the insulation tray from below the engine/transmission if its still there to get to it. It's on the side of the trans facing the front of the car. It takes about 2 liters of 75W- 90 synthetic gear oil. Fill to bottom of plug hole,put plug in and with wheels off the ground,on jack stands run the engine in gear for a couple of minutes, turn off engine,pull plug and recheck. Should be to the bottom of plug hole, (let drain till it stops dripping). HTH

wade623
08-10-2014, 10:07 PM
You may have to remove the insulation tray from below the engine/transmission if its still there to get to it. It's on the side of the trans facing the front of the car. It takes about 2 liters of 75W- 90 synthetic gear oil. Fill to bottom of plug hole,put plug in and with wheels off the ground,on jack stands run the engine in gear for a couple of minutes, turn off engine,pull plug and recheck. Should be to the bottom of plug hole, (let drain till it stops dripping). HTH

thanks. ill check it out

Add your comment to this topic!