Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help with AC issue

doesthatgothere
06-22-2014, 05:11 PM
I'm working with a Topaz and the air won't come out of the front vents. The fan and motor for the blower are working and cold air comes from the defroster vents and the floor vents. The fan and motor run when you push the vent button but it just doesn't blow. I'm not sure where to start

shorod
06-23-2014, 07:22 AM
Does the air ever come from any vents other than the defroster and floor vents on any setting? The defroster at least (I'm not sure about floor) is the default setting for the doors as a safety feature. If you are unable to get air to come from any other vent regardless of setting, I'd suspect you have no vacuum going to the HVAC controls. It's pretty common for the hard plastic vacuum lines to get brittle and break. Bridging the broken area with a length of rubber vacuum line is a pretty common fix.

-Rod

doesthatgothere
06-23-2014, 12:59 PM
I will have to double-check to see if it changes at all. I thought that it did but I don't think I checked that for sure. I can check those lines, though. Would I access those from the hood or from the dash?

shorod
06-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Would I access those from the hood or from the dash?

Both. There is a vacuum source from under the hood that passes through the firewall, then under the dash it snakes its way to the HVAC controls.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!