Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Chevelle interior door panel interchangeability

Echos Myron
05-25-2014, 12:40 AM
I am restoring the interior of my '67 El Camino. It is a standard car, not a "Custom" model. From my extensive research, these cars came with interior door panels which seem identical to those (with only horizontal pleats) in all 1966 El Caminos, while the 1967 cars with the Custom trim package came with the fancier Malibu panels. My problem is that, since nobody reproduces anything but Malibu interior parts for a 1967 Chevelle or El Camino (including the standard vinyl and cloth seat covers), my only choice is to go with the 1966 panels. So, the question is...are 1966 and 1967 door panels interchangeable? I can't see why not, since the doors are the same. As expected, I couldn't get a straight answer from an OPGI professional, who would only say that they couldn't guarantee that a part they didn't make specifically for my model year would fit. I can't understand why they don't stock base model standard interior parts. I assume it's because Malibus are more popular than 300s, but not all Chevelles were Malibus. Thanks in advance for the help. :smile:

Echos Myron
05-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Well? 55 views and no reply???

aleekat
05-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Have you thought about posting this in the El Camino section? You may have more luck.

Add your comment to this topic!