Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Warning To All Ford Ecoboost Owners!

makuloco2000
05-22-2014, 12:38 AM
In this video I go over some new information coming down the pipe from Ford.

0irwbwpuEbQ

shorod
05-22-2014, 07:41 AM
It may not be Ford approved, but SeaFoam seems to work well. I've done it to my wife's 2010 Ecoboost MKT. That was 12k miles ago or so and so far no turbo issues. Sounds like maybe I was lucky. How's the cost of a turbo or two compare with the cost of intake manifold replacement?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1080032

-Rod

makuloco2000
05-22-2014, 10:40 PM
It may not be Ford approved, but SeaFoam seems to work well. I've done it to my wife's 2010 Ecoboost MKT. That was 12k miles ago or so and so far no turbo issues. Sounds like maybe I was lucky. How's the cost of a turbo or two compare with the cost of intake manifold replacement?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1080032

-Rod
Yes but if they are telling me the in house test of their own and aftermarket induction treatments are failing turbos in the lab they have no reason to lie to me and I wont be doing any inductions service just yet. Another guy on the boards sad they did the seafoam etc and it fried the turbos

shorod
05-22-2014, 11:09 PM
That's definitely something I'll consider before doing the Seafoam treatment on my SHO or on the MKT again. Thank you for posting this information!

-Rod

makuloco2000
01-30-2015, 04:26 PM
I also just posted a new video on how to prevent as much of this carbon buildup as possible.

-ynGWxzJHjA

mechanicjn121
04-24-2015, 12:35 AM
Okay i'm not that familiar with new vehicles with turbos but many time carbon deposit can be prevented by letting the engine idle after driving, it has to do with combustion temp or is that an old wise tale i don't know

shorod
04-24-2015, 08:16 AM
I think what you're referring to is letting the turbos cool down to prevent coking of oil in the turbos, not carbon build up in the intake. The EcoBoost engine is a Direct Injected engine with no fuel washing over the intake valves to help reduce/minimize carbon build up on the valves.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!