Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Owner of a McLaren?

fullbloodchop01
06-26-2003, 06:47 PM
just wondering if anyone here is a owner of a actual McLaren?

fullbloodchop01
07-24-2003, 10:53 PM
anyone?

Peloton25
07-24-2003, 11:18 PM
If you're referring to the F1 road car introduced in 1992, I can assure you that there are no real owners who participate here. There have been a few bogus claims of ownership made in the past that were later proven wrong or refuted.

There are at least two people who post in the F1 forum who are either a friend of or business associate of real US McLaren F1 owners. They keep somewhat of a low profile, but they are accurate in the claims made about their relationships with the owners. It's not like some young kid saying "My dad's friend has an F1 and he takes me for rides all the time". ;)

If you have more questions specific to the F1, you should post them in the F1 forum. If you were asking about other McLarens, like the older Can-Am cars or Formula One cars, I don't believe there are any owners of those cars hanging around here.

>8^)
ER

falco1
09-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Who could really aford one I am poor but I am maken my own and hope some day to have it finshed I am makeing a fiberglass mold and then laying it in carbon fiber .my chassis is 1 3/4" dom seemless steel
with a mid engine set up .I am thinking about useing the new 5.7 himi
for my car linked to a z06 irs and a 6 speed trans
so maybe someday my dream will happen
http://kustumexotics.tripod.com/Photos1/aug-31-images/red1.JPG

McLaren Superfan
09-18-2003, 06:34 AM
if your making your own mclaren?! let me know how u get on, if you could post sum pics of ur mould e.t.c wel of everything! :lol2:

ELLTAY
09-18-2003, 10:03 AM
just wondering if anyone here is a owner of a actual McLaren?
I have a mclaren

McLaren Superfan
09-22-2003, 06:32 AM
u bein serious?

CRXloon
10-08-2003, 12:43 PM
u bein serious?

Doesn't look like it, does it?

Ther are a few genuine Mclaren F1 owners on Pistonheads.com, if you're interested...

Peloton25
10-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Ther are a few genuine Mclaren F1 owners on Pistonheads.com, if you're interested...

Or at least that is what they claim.... :rolleyes:

Ever notice how they've never provided photos of the car? There's more to the story, but it's not for me to tell.

>8^)
ER

Peloton25
11-05-2003, 03:14 PM
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top in case anyone looks in here but might have missed the thread in the F1 Forum.

There is now a real McLaren F1 owner participating here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=149954

As you can see, he's open to questions. Just be nice about it, and be patient as I'm not sure he'll be as active as most users here.

>8^)
ER

CRXloon
11-10-2003, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=Peloton25]Or at least that is what they claim.... :rolleyes:QUOTE]

No, seriously, there was: very sadly, he has now passed away, following what i believe to be a brief illness. I think his name was Jon Dokic.

Guyanson_Mendiola
11-10-2003, 01:33 AM
Who could really aford one I am poor but I am maken my own and hope some day to have it finshed I am makeing a fiberglass mold and then laying it in carbon fiber .my chassis is 1 3/4" dom seemless steel
with a mid engine set up .I am thinking about useing the new 5.7 himi
for my car linked to a z06 irs and a 6 speed trans
so maybe someday my dream will happen
http://kustumexotics.tripod.com/Photos1/aug-31-images/red1.JPGyep, that is true that not even i can afford a Mclaren F1.

Peloton25
11-10-2003, 01:16 PM
No, seriously, there was: very sadly, he has now passed away, following what i believe to be a brief illness. I think his name was Jon Dokic.

I'm familiar with the threads 'Jon Dokic' posted on PistonHeads, along with those of his wife and son. Those were the ones I was referring to.

>8^)
ER

CRXloon
11-10-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm familiar with the threads 'Jon Dokic' posted on PistonHeads, along with those of his wife and son. Those were the ones I was referring to.

>8^)
ER

Oooh, sounds like you may be inferring some kind of conspiracy...

Feel free to, (confidentially), PM me, if you are able...

Guyanson_Mendiola
11-11-2003, 09:41 PM
i'll buy a Mclaren F1 and i mean the 1/18th scale model. :iceslolan

will69camaro
11-20-2003, 01:11 AM
I know of a person that owns one and i'm going to see if i can get him to participate on this site. If he has time i'm sure he'd love to answer questions about it for you. Keep your fingers crossed and i'll ask him over thanksgiving.

William

a5678
11-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Saw your pics with the Mac on your site. I gotta say man, that is sweet.

maartenvanthek
11-25-2003, 10:48 AM
so far, dan kennedy who owns chassis #038 posts here, this is his car:
http://www.mclarenforsale.com/
frank selldorff owns three cars, #007 #068 an LM3.
And carl beal owns #042, that's all for now.
wicked innit?

will69camaro
12-02-2003, 01:00 AM
Yep went by the shop over break and have pic of the body tag it's #042 for those who are wondering and it's due to be back running in late december hopefully. His mechanic is supposed to be posting on here soon so i hope he will.

William

mclaren_F1_GTR
04-21-2004, 07:56 PM
face the facts: only a hundred mclarens were made: 64 F1's, 5 gt's, 5 lm's and 26 GTR's. the cost at least over 1 million. there are a couple(as in 2 or 3) in north America including one owned by Jay Leno, but you will find most of them in europe. you can also find a pic of an owner with his mclaren F1 on dupontregistry.com and go to celeb rides(he is the first dude) and on www.cottingham.co.uk/macf1

you just got told by a 13 year old (you're welcome)

CRXloon
04-21-2004, 10:46 PM
"Re: no one on this forum owns one"

I'm assuming your statement is based on the following:

only a hundred mclarens were made: 64 F1's, 5 gt's, 5 lm's and 26 GTR's. the cost at least over 1 million.

Hardly conclusive, and a poor basis for your theory.

I can only tremble in the prescence of such wisdom: truly a humbling experience :uhoh:

a5678
04-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey 13 year old boy, (I'm referring to you mclaren_F1_GTR ). Believe what you want. But I will tell you this. The claims of the owner(s) on the boards have been rather convincing, in regards to certain specifics.

And by the way, there are more than "a couple" in the US. Off the top of my head, I can think of ten that are here.

kfoote
04-23-2004, 08:44 AM
face the facts: only a hundred mclarens were made: 64 F1's, 5 gt's, 5 lm's and 26 GTR's. the cost at least over 1 million. there are a couple(as in 2 or 3) in north America including one owned by Jay Leno, but you will find most of them in europe. you can also find a pic of an owner with his mclaren F1 on dupontregistry.com and go to celeb rides(he is the first dude) and on www.cottingham.co.uk/macf1

:newbie: :loser:

Why don't you do a little research first? The claims of the McLaren owners on this board have been pretty well verified, both on this board and through external sources.

BTW, you probably shouldn't be digging up 4 month old threads.

mclaren_F1_GTR
04-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Hey 13 year old boy, (I'm referring to you mclaren_F1_GTR ). Believe what you want. But I will tell you this. The claims of the owner(s) on the boards have been rather convincing, in regards to certain specifics.

And by the way, there are more than "a couple" in the US. Off the top of my head, I can think of ten that are here.

i'm sorry, but I can think of no reason why a multi-millionaire would be on a forum.

maartenvanthek
04-24-2004, 11:32 AM
yeah, than why are y ou here
there's a thing called passion, and all of us share the same passion for the same car, including the people who can buy it...
clearly you are 13yo, with making these kind of posts

a5678
04-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Okay, listen. I can understand why you are being skeptical. Why would a multi-millionaire be on this forum? That's a good question. BUT, read what he has to say. I refer you to the following thread:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=149954

Read the thread, or at least some portion of it.

Peloton25
04-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Hehehehehehehe... :grinno:

For starters, there are close to 20 McLaren F1s in the USA right now, give or take 5.

In the "F1" forum, we have had 2 real McLaren F1 owners post more than once. While neither has become a regular participant on the forum (as they most definitely have better things to do) they did come to share some info about their cars. I have no doubt they were the legitiment owners of real McLaren F1s, in fact as you can see from the linked thread that a5678 just posted, that one owner actually owns 3 McLaren F1s including a real McLaren F1 LM.

Thanks for your attempt at educating us, but I think if you spend some more time reading in the F1 forum it will be you who learns something. :cool: :thumbsup:

>8^)
ER

sinaloa67chevy
09-27-2004, 01:17 PM
several years i had a uncle who had a two seater convetable mclaren that look just a 1992 mustang 5.0 only it only had two seat the back was way to small to hold any thing. i remember it has speakers in the headrest and very fast dont know what a it really was now

Add your comment to this topic!