Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lady needs assistance asap..blower problems

illmami
04-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Hi i have a 97 lesabre limited i wrote last month about resistor issues so heres whats happening....i turned my car off one day to have my blower stay on with no key in ign. So i looked it up says resistor was bad i ordered a used one to no avail. So checked all fuses ,wirings and nothing new so i bought a brand new resistor so everything was back to normal for two days then boom the same issue i turned my car off and it was still blowing. My question is my blower motor is making noise im wondering if my blower is bad would that ruin the new resistor or if i change the motor will everything go back to normal

Tech II
04-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Well, a bad resistor block will not keep the blower on......a bad blower control module will.....if you have the auto temp system, you have a blower module.....

And yes, a bad blower motor can take out a new blower control module, if the motor shorts out and spikes a large current through it....

illmami
04-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Ok so if i replace the blower motor is it likely my resistor is bad now? And i do have the auto climate control.

Add your comment to this topic!