Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Leather and Paint protectant

jblaze_g35
06-25-2003, 05:50 PM
I've noticed alot of people complaining about the quality of the paint on the G35 and how it just doesn't seem to hold up very well, even against a short term bird dropping.

My car was just delivered to the dealer today and I asked him about any kind of dealer installed/applied paint hardener or protectant. He advised that they do have 2 certified employees who do that and the job is guaranteed for 5 years. Has anyone had this done? If so, how much did it cost and how great of protection is it?

Thanks.

JBlaze

jblaze_g35
06-30-2003, 07:50 PM
I ended up getting the dealer installed protectant which is called Simoniz. Its basically a teflon coating over the body of the car. I am very happy with it, it was well worth the $495 to have it done, plus its guaranteed 5 years.

infinIC
07-14-2003, 06:42 PM
oh wow, I didn't even know that was an option! I have a black one, and yeah, swirl marks are definitely taking its toll on it.

will the protectant stuff have the same effect even though there's already minor swirl marks visiable?

tworets
01-09-2004, 05:50 AM
jblaze, was that 495 for your paint as well as your interior? They were trying to selling it to me for 375 each. I was able to get it down to 200 each. So 400 for both interior and paint. I have an appointment for this on tuesday. Did this process kill your fresh car scent? Also, does your leather feel any different?

Add your comment to this topic!