Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fun Day Sunday 25th November

^GaLRaCa^
11-13-2001, 07:55 PM
Hi all,

We have been invited by the Supra Club to join in on a Fun Day/Treasure Hunt type activity that they have organised. It sounds like its going to be heaps of fun and it would be great to have an awesome turnout by SDU. However, I am going to need numbers by this Saturday if possible, so if everyone keen as anything please email me at vtec91@hotmail.com then we can confirm your place being there on the day. Costs are just petrol and Sausages and drink for the BBQ planned in the afternoon, great chance to relax in the afternoon. Costs will probably also be $5 per car (not per person), just to cover costs made by the Supra Club also. Please email me as soon as possible if you are keen!!!

Thanks!!!

Debs

When Sunday November 25th 10am

Where Mc Donald's carpark Greenlane Auckland

Why To have a shit load of fun

How Don't be silly im not telling you that oh ok then I will

This will be a fun run that covers Auckland and the surrounding area. You will be given an instruction sheet with clues etc to help you navigate your way to a mystery destination for a BBQ and get-together. You will also be asked to gather things on the journey, for which you will gain points, the highest points score is the winner not the 1st one to arrive. The event will be sponsored and we will have some nice prizes, as well as a few surprises.

What you will need to bring
1 a car
2 a navigator 1 or more
3 food & drink for the BBQ we will provide the bbq and gas
4 suntan lotion cause its gonna be a stinking hot day (im praying here ok)
5 at least half a tank of fuel ( estimated consumption to be a good half tank on a 3Ltr T as we put the run together on that)
6 pen and paper
7 $5 per car to cover costs.

Additional information
Yes you may bring friends - no they don't have to come in a supra
Estimated time to do the course 3-4 hrs
All roads are sealed
IF we postpone event due to foul weather we will post notification here on the morning of the event.
Yes the event is suitable for children bear in mind they maybe in the car for quite some time.
There is a good mix of city and rural scenery and driving in this event.
Yes it does finish within Auckland so most of you wont have to far to travel home at the end of the day.

mrmeal
11-13-2001, 09:04 PM
put the meal wagon down for an attender.

tazdev
11-13-2001, 10:27 PM
I'll be a navigator for someone that needs one:flash:

^GaLRaCa^
11-14-2001, 07:49 PM
Okay I have approx 4 cars for this event so far. This is a great opportunity for SDU members to come along, have some fun and give me some feedback on perhaps organising one for ourselves in the christmas holidays!

Please email me by Saturday or Sunday at the very latest with numbers of cars.

Thanks!

heresy
11-19-2001, 04:17 PM
that sounds really cool :D

GSr32
11-19-2001, 05:43 PM
Debb's, did I send you an email confirming my attendance?

ANyway, I am keen.

Tazdev - can be my navigator, if he wants.

Cecam - if you want you can tag along also.

My friend Richard might be coming also, so I have almost a car full of people already - hehe

The more navigtors, the better :)

mrmeal
11-19-2001, 05:44 PM
...just got to watch those backseat drivers :-)

GSr32
11-20-2001, 03:13 AM
I won't be taking any crap .....they will all be given a briefing on the day, and if anyone gets out of line, then it could be a long walk for them. hehe ;)

^GaLRaCa^
11-20-2001, 01:16 PM
For the day on Sunday, I have Greg, Simon, Hayden, jon, myself, Rose and Carl umm I think thats it, but will need to look up my list. Those who are interested on the day, please just turn up, they have a few sheets available on the day late entries, so just turn up!

Thanks!!

Add your comment to this topic!