Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S60/80&V70 might have caused leukemia

Volken
06-23-2003, 07:37 PM
S60/80 and V70 might have caused leukemia

I was wondering,…respecting a Volvo for years and something that made me angry, probably others as well, but mostly those who use previous Volvos. (till-2002 models)

News dated 14.02.2002., Kjell Hansen Mild, professor and researcher at Swedish national institute,specializing about working environments in working spaces, presented a very compelling report.

Suggesting because Volvo S60/80 and V70 keep their battery behind which is very rare in general,due to requirement of cables that travel to the front control center, thus creating considerable (as many times then normal/allowed)), potential and no less, very dangerous magnetic fields.

He also suggested, that particularly prone to this are pregnant women as well as children.

Once this emerged to the medical and auto press, some even claimed (this be speculation,only),that those fields are 80% then allowed by present regulations.

It was also suggested that apparently Volvo had knowledge of this anomaly even since 1997., did nothing to resolve this in simpler manner of just placing the battery in front which would according to professor Mild reduce this field to acceptable values.

Volvo then implied that this be all fabrications and no study could verify this claims.

Then professor Mild emphasized that normal value of allowed field
in normal working conditions in workspace is 0.2 micro-tesla, while
models S60/80 and V70 have 12-18 micro-tesla.

WHO (World health organization) has classified magnetic fields among
potentially cancerous.

To end of this, it is still very interesting that Volvo while claiming how this is not dangerous (it’s he said/she said), still silently but still available to press…he has insulated all battery cable three or more times then they were before.

Now as said offering several times more protection.
Very strange if this was not dangerous in the first place

One does wonder, would this ever happen if professor Mild or someone else didn’t brought this to light of public ears and press. I think owners are safer now.

What do you make of this?

NSX-R-SSJ20K
06-24-2003, 04:17 AM
you mean battery's magnetic field? is that what you mean?
Cuz every electronic device produces a magnetic field.

Where's the battery located in a Volvo?
does this apply to the S70?

Volken
06-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Magnetic field combined with all consuming elements within the car.
Battery is hardly a generator of magnetic field alone, when not in use.

Yes, electronic devices produce fields, but many insignificant - but this be even today still field for many more research as it is.

Volvo S60/80,V70 keep their battery in back area of the car.

Not in front like most others. I think you should read one more
time, more carefully

Also, I couldn’t possibly devote space here explaining magnetic fields, you should read the appropriate literature or even easier, learn from the web.

Only models that were scrutinized with these claims were S60/80 and V70…but only to end of 2002.

Volvo name is to much renowned with terms of ecology and environment and surely even hint of such claims would not be something Volvo could accept likely.

So they did fix that, and maybe in future instead more expensive cables and insulation (nothing is expensive when health is considered), they
will decide to place battery in front. After all, this is something Volvo never needed in the first place.

NSX-R-SSJ20K
06-25-2003, 05:56 AM
o so they're saying the power cables are producing the magnetic fields which are too high in strength.

They'd have to coil all the wires up to make any sort of strong magnetic field and it seems a little far fetched i still don't believe its true.

Swedish Research is always full of unreasonable explainations and bogus claims thats what i hear and have read before hand its not like anyone else in the rest of the world takes any notice of the claims they produce

No i'm sorry but this just seems another one of Swedens fairy tails

Volken
06-25-2003, 09:54 AM
Unlike many others, almost every standard for human protection that exists, even those that keep safe monitor you will watch as you write you reply and other equipment around you.comes from Swedish.

They are trustworthy and not stimulated by greedy lobby of companies.
If that was not true, why in greedy game of making money,
Volvo still changed and strengthen all cables?

That alone required rather substantial financial cycles.
Strange effort if there was nothing to worry about.

NSX-R-SSJ20K
06-25-2003, 03:53 PM
hahahahahaha

Sweden not greddy

What about Walhenberg?

No sorry i think if you looked in your papers and read all the controversy with Ericsson's top executives you'd change your mind

I'm looking around and surprising yes i have stuff from Sweden Mobile phones my dad works For Ericsson and the stuff he has to say will make you weep and he's is swedish and so am i.

Swedes are proud and won't admit their own faults. Its like when they wanted to merge with the London Stock Exchange. the rest of the world was thinking are they crazy? They were being serious and thought they had a good thing going. Everyone else was laughing at them.

They also won't admit when they're wrong.

Sorry but most of my stuff is made in China

Also Volvo is owned by Ford :loser:

Volken
06-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Ad Acta

NSX-R-SSJ20K
06-26-2003, 06:14 AM
put aside what?

dude when you get some more evidence post it up but i am very skeptical that this is true

its seems absurd

Volken
06-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Maybe you should forget evidence and learn some Latin.
:loser:

NSX-R-SSJ20K
06-26-2003, 11:28 AM
sorry but thats Swedish

and latin is useless :thefinger

Volken
06-26-2003, 11:38 AM
Maybe for those of illiterate virtue.
One who utter the same might pronounce solitude of empty shade.

Nam diuturna quies vitiis alimenta ministrat

NSX-R-SSJ20K
07-19-2003, 07:02 AM
I'm sorry but Latin is only good for those who are studying English or Old Manuscripts. To me i want to know specifics since you cannot provide those mechanical specifics it indicates that you should be on the Latin holy quest forums NOT Automotive forums.

Volken
07-20-2003, 05:54 AM
I would restrain myself from any further discussion (if there ever was one),but relaxed pace of sea washed summer's wind, somehow makes willing to utter back what is really an empty and meaningless conversation -same needs two sides.

I have posted information,one available to me and wanted to share with
this forum looking for intelligent and constructive reply if the same would
beside normal comments (yes,no,could be/not),find the way to explore this matter in further manner.

It is extensive,clear,precise, and goes in meritum of the topic's subject.
If you failed to employ intelligent and constructive response to this topic,
provided least of understanding that sufficient high school education
should grant, what was the point of your reply in the first place?

After all details I presented, your first reply-quote: you mean battery's magnetic field?

After such ridiculous comment, many others would cease any further continuance in this conversation, for it was clear,that you simply cannot follow this subject because of insufficient lore of this topic.

So I continue, thinking, might he had a bad day, or simply learning?
Fine, maybe he might offer some insight reflecting what I wrote.

Alas, you continue with infantile passive aggressive comments,speaking for sake of speaking with nothing of substance to share.

What art thou good for?

What you amply did demonstrate ,with each next comment,each revealing more and more insufficiency in general knowledge,but mostly culture- is very sad indeed.

As for Latin,if life so far detained you from umbrella of knowledge that
Latin provides in spheres that are essential for shaping diversity and
culture for a mind that wishes to be independed,knowledgeable and worthy of life that was brought to human being and pronounced as mankind, then I will simply leave you in such despair of mind,wishing for you a better days ahead.

Your very last presence of Wis. wanted to be very impressive and show how you can actually understand all this and seriously you flashed - quote: I want to know specifics since you cannot provide those mechanical specifics….

Hahahaha, what on earth are you talking about?
Mechanical specifics? Related to what? You are really to much.

When you close all doors behind,every window to you sight, every sound to your audience,and you close your eyes before newborn day arrives ,remember, it is all you have in your head that matters, it will shape your life and save you from misery of empty aspirations, provided there is something in-there.

All ego,and vanity you present here to hide your deficiencies are vacuous.

If you are under 15,consider all said here obsolete.

But if you are not, I wish you all the best,you will need all the luck you can get.

Closing, let me save your mind from hard work and offer you few responses for you to chose, that would be in style of your responses.

a:) You Dude,you no nothing.
b:) Give me mechanical specifics,who needs Latin (my favorite -haha)
c:) You suck Dude.
d:) You are fool.

I hope this will come handy.
I hope you will find a way to change you ways.

Thank you for your time and attention.

PS:

I wish you never need one, but if ever life conveys to a doctor or a layer
you will be happy to know they learned some Latin too,besides old manuscripts. So you might get yourself a book of Latin proverbs, to get you started, and see what treasury of knowledge you have been depriving yourself from.

NSX-R-SSJ20K
07-23-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Volken
I would restrain myself from any further discussion (if there ever was one),but relaxed pace of sea washed summer's wind, somehow makes willing to utter back what is really an empty and meaningless conversation -same needs two sides.

I have posted information,one available to me and wanted to share with
this forum looking for intelligent and constructive reply if the same would
beside normal comments (yes,no,could be/not),find the way to explore this matter in further manner.

It is extensive,clear,precise, and goes in meritum of the topic's subject.
If you failed to employ intelligent and constructive response to this topic,
provided least of understanding that sufficient high school education
should grant, what was the point of your reply in the first place?

After all details I presented, your first reply-quote: you mean battery's magnetic field?

After such ridiculous comment, many others would cease any further continuance in this conversation, for it was clear,that you simply cannot follow this subject because of insufficient lore of this topic.

So I continue, thinking, might he had a bad day, or simply learning?
Fine, maybe he might offer some insight reflecting what I wrote.

Alas, you continue with infantile passive aggressive comments,speaking for sake of speaking with nothing of substance to share.

What art thou good for?

What you amply did demonstrate ,with each next comment,each revealing more and more insufficiency in general knowledge,but mostly culture- is very sad indeed.

As for Latin,if life so far detained you from umbrella of knowledge that
Latin provides in spheres that are essential for shaping diversity and
culture for a mind that wishes to be independed,knowledgeable and worthy of life that was brought to human being and pronounced as mankind, then I will simply leave you in such despair of mind,wishing for you a better days ahead.

Your very last presence of Wis. wanted to be very impressive and show how you can actually understand all this and seriously you flashed - quote: I want to know specifics since you cannot provide those mechanical specifics….

Hahahaha, what on earth are you talking about?
Mechanical specifics? Related to what? You are really to much.

When you close all doors behind,every window to you sight, every sound to your audience,and you close your eyes before newborn day arrives ,remember, it is all you have in your head that matters, it will shape your life and save you from misery of empty aspirations, provided there is something in-there.

All ego,and vanity you present here to hide your deficiencies are vacuous.

If you are under 15,consider all said here obsolete.

But if you are not, I wish you all the best,you will need all the luck you can get.

Closing, let me save your mind from hard work and offer you few responses for you to chose, that would be in style of your responses.

a:) You Dude,you no nothing.
b:) Give me mechanical specifics,who needs Latin (my favorite -haha)
c:) You suck Dude.
d:) You are fool.

I hope this will come handy.
I hope you will find a way to change you ways.

Thank you for your time and attention.

PS:

I wish you never need one, but if ever life conveys to a doctor or a layer
you will be happy to know they learned some Latin too,besides old manuscripts. So you might get yourself a book of Latin proverbs, to get you started, and see what treasury of knowledge you have been depriving yourself from.

Cliff notes?

Not just a bit upset that i said Swedish research sucks are you.

You want to know why i said Batteries magnetic field?

CUZ IT DOESN'T HAVE ONE

F = B I L

Electromagnetic force = flux density (magnetic induction) x Current x length

Also have you ever heard of Flemings left hand rule?

Obviously not because otherwise you'd know what i'm looking for.

How can a battery location in the boot/trunk/rear of a car create a strong enough and dangerous magnetic field

You would also have to coil wires> which then begs the question why would a respected manufacturer with a history of not so stupid things do something so stupid that would also constitue a waste of materials time and money. Do such a thing?

WHY because the report is BS. Appliances create magnetic fields because they convert the incoming current into something usuable and that is what creates an electromagnetic field.

I also think that this report is further bullshit because you'd have to spend ridiculous amounts of time in the back of the car where it is strongest each day over the whole year for it to have any real effect. And this is an assumption because YOU won't produce any real evidence statistics battery location and wiring diagram to back things up instead you sit back and mouth off about Latin and some other such rubbish.

If you know what you're talking about and the finer details you'd actually post a reasonable answer instead you just rise to the occasion in complete awe and stupidity. Thank you sir i have wasted enough time on this useless topic. If you come up with statistics and a diagram that proves where the electromagnetic field effects then PM me otherwise i'm not wasting my time on Swedish fools.

Volken
07-24-2003, 03:15 AM
Respected NSX-R-SSJ20K,

Yes, you couldn’t be more correct.

I hear there is a dictionary coming this year for proper
understanding of post primitive under eloquent English.

Since I’m not as nearly proficient in grasping your mastery
of the same , please accept my deficiencies to respond to
best of my poor understanding and limited capabilities.

Sometimes, one gets perplexed when witnessing such display
of scholarship and manners to extent rarely seen ever before.

Please forgive me for not perceiving that mastery and wisdom
due to my own limitations.

Accept my sincere apologies, I’m not worthy of your presence
not even in written form,form of letters- and you shape them
incomparable to my beggared insight of Wis.

I hope in your heart you will find a pity to forgive my ignorance.

Absentem laedit cum ebrio qui litigat
Avarus ipse miseriae causa est suae

NSX-R-SSJ20K
08-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Respected NSX-R-SSJ20K,

Yes, you couldn’t be more correct.

I hear there is a dictionary coming this year for proper
understanding of post primitive under eloquent English.

Since I’m not as nearly proficient in grasping your mastery
of the same , please accept my deficiencies to respond to
best of my poor understanding and limited capabilities.

Sometimes, one gets perplexed when witnessing such display
of scholarship and manners to extent rarely seen ever before.

Please forgive me for not perceiving that mastery and wisdom
due to my own limitations.

Accept my sincere apologies, I’m not worthy of your presence
not even in written form,form of letters- and you shape them
incomparable to my beggared insight of Wis.

I hope in your heart you will find a pity to forgive my ignorance.

Absentem laedit cum ebrio qui litigat
Avarus ipse miseriae causa est suae

absent injure at the time drunk what quarrel mean himself misery cause to be his own.

Why don't you help me out instead of arguing and being a general annoyance?

Add your comment to this topic!