Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Altezza V8

Boothy
06-19-2003, 12:28 AM
Hi guys. I have recently purchased a 1999 Altezza out from Japan which will soon be re-powered with a Toyota 4 ltr V8. I'm intending to use a Supra 6 spd but if anyone has any other suggestions I'd be keen to hear. The car will be used for endurance racing as well as Targa road racing. It should be racing within the next 10 - 12 months. I understand there is a Altezza powered by a V8 already out there. Can someone help with any info.

89Turbo944
01-26-2004, 12:58 AM
come on now r34-gts. The kid can dream cant he. Putting the 4 liter Toyota V8 in the altezza has been done. But y the hell would you want to. This sounds to me like a kid trying to be cool. (I may be mistaken). But unless you have $100,000 laying around that you can through at a car then this is a dream that will never come true.

What do you do fo r a living Boothy? I hope you are an engineer, cause there will be a serious need for one to make this work for you. You cant just throw a V8 in a car. You ahve to have special one off mounts made. Then you have to do a hole bunch of other stuff.

Keep dreaming, PS I drive Lambos, Lotus', and RUF tuned Porsches for a living. Im totaly serious tho.

ghetto7o2azn
01-26-2004, 09:50 PM
uh i dont think he is a kid... but i could be wrong.. he said he is going to use it for endurance races but ionno... wut about the 4.3L :naughty: or is that more complicated or something?

camrytuner
01-27-2004, 01:02 PM
get some custom mounts, take the tranny off a Lexus GS430 (or Aristo v8 if available in Japan) and you can be done for less than $6000 with the swap, if you had an IS300. Since you have an Altezza, you'll have to replace the ECU, get custom mounts for the tranny and re-do your whole hood (IS300 comes with a 3.0L 2JZGE 215hp (Non-Turbo Supra) Engine, just like the GS300 (L6 Aristo), and uses the same mounting points as the GS400 (V8 Aristo). Altezza comes with either a 3SGE 2.0L VVTi 207hp or a 2.0L 1GFE 160hp engine, both 4 Cyls. and are mounted differently.) plus custom wiring. If you get in under $10 grand you're lucky.

Add your comment to this topic!