Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Blend door

cntrchfrk
11-16-2013, 06:30 PM
recently when I adjust the temperature, there is a clicking from under the dash. It sounds like the Blend door is stuck.

Does anyone have a suggestion on fixing it or how to get to it?

How about a cost for replacement?

Thank you in advance!

-Chris

shorod
11-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Issues with the blend door actuator are pretty common and discussed in several threads. Please try the "search this forum" feature to read about the common issue and typical fixes.

-Rod

makuloco2000
11-22-2013, 06:44 AM
its the blend door actuator, buy one from the dealer there is an updated part 17-20 bucks and pop it in yourself all fixed.

cntrchfrk
11-22-2013, 07:32 AM
I appreciate both of you replying and helping me out, the only issue that still stands is I have no idea how to access it?

I believe any schematic or tutorial for a '06-'10 will be the same..

Thanks again

makuloco2000
11-27-2013, 12:30 PM
I appreciate both of you replying and helping me out, the only issue that still stands is I have no idea how to access it?

I believe any schematic or tutorial for a '06-'10 will be the same..

Thanks again
I just made a video on how to do this!

DeltaP
11-27-2013, 12:44 PM
That's nice... How about sharing it with this guy. I've never had one just "pop" in! I must be doing them wrong.

makuloco2000
11-27-2013, 01:35 PM
That's nice... How about sharing it with this guy. I've never had one just "pop" in! I must be doing them wrong.
Wow some people are jerks on the forum huh? I just made the video, I haven't even edited it or anything yet. I just shot it at work yesterday, then was doing replies and uploaded a custom video for another guy that was having a problem. I shot another custom video for another guy I am helping out with a v6 tune up that I have to edit and post for him too among other request for help. So as you can see I am very busy helping. I still have a blend door actuator video I shot a week ago for the superduties I haven't touched yet. I will be jumping to this one tonight though as many are requesting this video. I am trying to help as much as I can but I do have a family and work to tend to.

makuloco2000
11-27-2013, 09:42 PM
recently when I adjust the temperature, there is a clicking from under the dash. It sounds like the Blend door is stuck.

Does anyone have a suggestion on fixing it or how to get to it?

How about a cost for replacement?

Thank you in advance!

-Chris
Here you go dude all finished!
BERmZRDfqPw

Add your comment to this topic!