Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buick Roadmaster or Bust?

CarsNStuff
10-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Greetings! I have a car debate issue I was hoping some helpful members might be able to solve. My fiance and I are arguing over what car to buy, and he will only settle for a Buick Roadmaster, no negotiations.

He says the Roadmaster is the ONLY car I am going to find for around $2500 with less than 100K miles, is easy to work on, and will "last." I think there MUST be some other options out there, as well.

What are your opinions and experiences with the Roadmaster? Are there other auto options out there in this price range that are easy to fix, and might also be under 100K miles? The newer, the better, IMO. :)

Any and all thoughts are appreciated!

jdl
10-30-2013, 01:28 PM
I will say this, if gas mileage is an issue, a big v8 isn't the way to go. I used to have a roadmaster buick, 5.7L engine, about a 24--25 gallon tank. So you can guess how much it cost to fill up at todays prices. The last time I checked the gas mileage, about 12 miles to the gallon in town. I was surprised by the gas mileage, the vehicle was in really good shape. It was a 92, had about 55K on it. The car was passed down through the family, elderly, the vehicle wasn't driven much. I decided, I wanted a vehicle in this century.

Hey, it is your money, you guys have to make that decision.

rmilone
10-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Roadmaster was a great car produced by Buick and I can understand your Fiances passion. But like the last post said, gas is going to kill you and to be honest, finding one in really good condition is going to be hard. We see quite a few showing up in the as-is lanes at auction unfortunately they are simply too rough to even toy around with. Finding one in good condition for $2500 is going to be hard.

Best of luck.

Add your comment to this topic!