Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

"The Great Downtime"

igor@af
06-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Please read the announcement regarding the Great Downtime here:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/announcement.php?s=&forumid=671

Please feel free to discuss it here.

I hope everyone survived this ok? :icon16:

Sierra Six
06-16-2003, 02:37 PM
No worries on my end. Thanks!

Scott 02
06-16-2003, 03:05 PM
I was kind of worried. at first i thought i was banned, then i realized what was going on. :bigthumb:

fullbloodchop01
06-16-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Scott 02
I was kind of worried. at first i thought i was banned, then i realized what was going on. :bigthumb:
:lol2:

im just sooo happy AF is back in order:bigthumb:

Melt
06-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Glad you got it all goin again :sunglasse

ZoomZoomMX-5
06-16-2003, 03:19 PM
After a whole weekend w/o A/F, I was a bit worried. Also wanted to show off my projects!

It would be nice in the future for a warning ahead of time whenever maintenance may cause undetermined amounts of downtime.

speediva
06-16-2003, 03:23 PM
*gasps for air* Oh, thank goodness! I've been DYING without my AF fix!!! :loser:

I feel better now. :D Thanks for bringing my home back.

Shortbus
06-16-2003, 03:28 PM
This was me Friday:eek7: :comprage1

Saturday :bloated: :comprage1

Sunday :banghead: :crying:

Monday Morning :angryfire :swear:

But now finally I am :bigthumb:

Pheww.

YogsVR4
06-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Glad to see AF up and running again. Sorry to hear of the problems that surely sucked the life out of your weekend. :frown:

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

numbware
06-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Glad to see it back up. things were pretty broing without AF

GTA
06-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by John
This was me Friday:eek7: :comprage1

Saturday :bloated: :comprage1

Sunday :banghead: :crying:

Monday Morning :angryfire :swear:

But now finally I am :bigthumb:

Pheww.

that pretty much covers it for me too :D

nemo_wolf
06-16-2003, 05:33 PM
alright, so did the upgrade go through? or did the upgrade go sour and the restore was a pain as well?

are upgrades like this one was planned coming in the near future? cause faster load times and more functions is always nice ...

igor@af
06-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by nemo_wolf
alright, so did the upgrade go through? or did the upgrade go sour and the restore was a pain as well?

are upgrades like this one was planned coming in the near future? cause faster load times and more functions is always nice ...

No, the upgrade failed. And restoring was an incredible pain indeed.
This upgrade will be attempted again in the near future. But I will use a different procedure to ensure that there is hardly any downtime.

Oz
06-16-2003, 08:46 PM
:bigthumb:

I almost had a productive weekend. Almost.:bloated:

Suislide
06-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Oz
:bigthumb:

I almost had a productive weekend. Almost.:bloated:

not me. i almost died. :bloated:

AirAllen01
06-16-2003, 09:02 PM
I was about to go through withdrawls, but now I don't have to.:iceslolan

Fritz The Cat
06-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Your efforts are appriciated:smile:

Scott 02
06-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Your efforts are appriciated

Very much so.

Graphik Styles
06-16-2003, 11:13 PM
damn im just glad that AF was back.......its like going without food for along time.........it just feels so bad......and when yu get it back.........it feels good..........kinda like a harverys burger....:biggrin:

Jimster
06-17-2003, 12:32 AM
Sucks to be you lot :thefinger

It just so happened I was away during the downtime :iceslolan

eckoman_pdx
06-17-2003, 03:11 AM
It's nice to see you are trying to upgrade, but what a painful weekend:frown: Friday I at frist thought the internet server was messing up, then I figured ou twhat was going on. I was like:mad: but hey, upgrades are good:bigthumb: so I went about my day, waiting for it to come back on soon. Friday turned to saturday, saturday to sunday, and I was:comprage1 It was time to strave off the AF withdrawls. Mighty hard to do:biggrin: But all was well monday afternoon when I tried to log on and AF was finally up!!:bigthumb: It made for a very joyous reunion:bigthumb: lol. Seriously though, it made for a very boring and dull weekend. Life wasn't the same without my daily AF fix, it was awful it was like, having a shower with no working water. The computer just sits there, and you can't do a thing. It was awful, I hope AF is never down that long again. It seemd a lot longer than 3 1/2-4 days. I apprieciate you trying to upgrade the server software, faster download times are good, I just hope AF is never down for that long again:thumbsup:

Guido
06-17-2003, 04:37 AM
Was kinda weird this weekend. I only spend like 10% of my time on the computer I usually spend.

But I'm happy it's all back on-line now. :bigthumb:

NSX-R-SSJ20K
06-17-2003, 11:25 AM
you should annouce when you're going to do the next Update

like ebay but hopefully without the fraudsters

its good that its back up tho :bigthumb:

CtrlAltDel
06-17-2003, 02:19 PM
:sly: hmm...

well, it's good to hear you guys are making great efforts to improve the board. sorry it didn't work out like you would've liked.. but i'm sure the future upgrade will go smoothly, and if it doesn't... we'll still be here :icon16:

Honoturtle
06-18-2003, 01:36 AM
I'm glade the forum is back up!!

Hehe, I joined another forum ( http://www.briansmodelcars.com ) It's almost the same community with a lot of people from the model car forum, but that one's all about model cars, unlike this one! :):D

igor@af
06-18-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Honoturtle
I'm glade the forum is back up!!

Hehe, I joined another forum ( http://www.briansmodelcars.com ) It's almost the same community with a lot of people from the model car forum, but that one's all about model cars, unlike this one! :):D

Glad to you got to advertise on a pretty popular topic here...:thumbsup:

streetracing901
06-18-2003, 05:16 PM
and i thought it was me:comprage1

taranaki
06-19-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Scott 02

how prophetic..........:cool:

no effort to improve the site should be criticised,but dammit Igor....I had to talk to my wife instead!:eek:

Neutrino
06-20-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by taranaki

how prophetic..........:cool:

no effort to improve the site should be criticised,but dammit Igor....I had to talk to my wife instead!:eek:

Poor naki......was it somethink like this--->:nutkick:

Dezoris
06-23-2003, 09:44 AM
Igor you don't like watching a mysql rebuild for 3 hours on the command prompt? :)

I had the same problem, with mine. My ssh session would get disconnected in the middle of a rebuild.

Had to set the rebuild as an ongoing process, but it still worries you because it takes SOOOOO long.

I am going to stay at 2.3.0 until they have like 3 versions of 3.0 out for vbulletin.

Don't want any headaches.

Add your comment to this topic!