Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone heard of a make called Koenigsegg???

letsplayskatch
06-11-2003, 10:09 AM
Hey guys,
I was browsing the Net today when i came accross the car make which i have never heard of before. Here are the Pics i found:
http://www.avtobest.spb.ru/pub/photos/CC8S-front-view.jpg
http://www.avtobest.spb.ru/pub/photos/CC8S-side-view.jpg
http://www.avtobest.spb.ru/pub/photos/koenigseggCC_side_open-view.jpg
http://www.avtobest.spb.ru/pub/photos/koenigseggCC-rear-view.jpg

Here are the specs: http://www.koenigsegg.com/graphics/front_technicaldata.gif

Heres some suff from their site: The Koenigsegg developed suspension system, modeled
from Formula One racing, has been judged by expert test-drivers to provide better handling than any competing supercar. Its supercharged engine delivers 655 horsepower and a torque of 750 Nm.

The design of the CC creates an impression of strength
and flowing motion, and perfect aerodynamics have been achieved without compromising this aggressive beauty. A hardtop roof-panel, which is easily removed and stored
under the front hood, covers the luxurious interior. The
leather and aluminum fitted cabin incorporates all the top
equipment for comfort and security.

To find out more about this pretty damn good car, just view their web site: http://www.koenigsegg.com/index.asp

Regards.
Scott

Cbass
06-11-2003, 02:43 PM
And it's Sweeeedish :iceslolan

SuPeRcAr_MaN
06-11-2003, 04:51 PM
I've heard a lot about it. Very nice car, style and performance. Made this month's Car and Driver. I really like it.

Jimster
06-12-2003, 03:36 AM
Yes.

GTi-VR6_A3
06-12-2003, 03:42 AM
very nice car and yes i have seen it b4. they only make a few every year

-GTi-VR6_A3

jsb88
06-26-2003, 02:03 AM
More pictures (http://www.hiddencar.com/gallery/others/2001_Koenigsegg_CC/2001_Koenigsegg_CC.html) :smile:

SuPeRcAr_MaN
06-26-2003, 09:03 PM
You just gotta love the way the doors open... so cool. :sunglasse :biggrin:

supercar
09-21-2003, 05:52 PM
I saw this car several times

view my pics over here: http://community.webshots.com/user/onlysupercars

you can find pics of the Koenigsegg CC, the first pre-production prototype
and the CC V8, the 2nd proto
and the production CC 8S in greay, silver and blue!

exoticcarsite
10-09-2003, 08:41 PM
who hasnt heard of koenigsegg is a better question......
i mean, it rivals a mclaren f1 and f1 lm, it beats every ferrari ever made ( unless you want to debate about the enzo and its marvelous 1g+ skippad results and cornering abilities it has). it is by far the cheapest supercar on todays market as in what you get for performance and value for money.
if you pictures of the cc8s i have a heap!.
head to http://www.exoticcarsite.com/pages/contents/koenigsegg.htm

SuPeRcAr_MaN
10-09-2003, 09:38 PM
I don't know about some of those things you said in that post, but there are a lot of people who never heard of Koenigsegg. It is not a very well known manufacturer.

exoticcarsite
10-10-2003, 05:18 AM
but its so cheap at like 350,000US-400,000US Dollars i believe, where else can you get a supercar that cheap that rivals most other supercars on the market to this day?

ZZII
10-23-2003, 09:37 AM
The ZZII can kick it's ass! Yes, the car is nice, but a Turbo V-8 is no good against a Twin Turbo I-6, with 700HP the ZZII uses an RB26DETT engine (Skyline engine) and is just as aero dynamic, and it has AWD.

DemoX
10-25-2003, 01:45 PM
yes and it's the worlds fastest production vehicle

245 MPH = 390 KPH

and a 0-60 time on 3 seconds "flat" !

+ its there for faster then the Ferrari Enzo and also cheaper ! :iceslolan

SuPeRcAr_MaN
10-25-2003, 07:56 PM

245 MPH = 390 KPH

EB Veyron 16.4... I don't think they released an official top speed but it does 0-60 in 2.9. I believe this will be the fastest...

DemoX
10-26-2003, 04:38 AM
the top speed of the Bugatti 16.4 Veyron is 250MPH = 400KM/H and it isn't released yet !

so for now the Koenigsegg CC 8S is the fastest !

NSX-R-SSJ20K
10-26-2003, 05:21 AM
Someone used one in the last US gumball rally.

Apparently the gasket blew or something and the replacement part they needed was something from a VW so they bought a whole car cuz they couldn't get the parts immediately from a parts store,
took the part they wanted and left the VW behind.

DemoX
10-30-2003, 11:59 AM
You have to remember that Konigsegg is a very new car company!

so they have to borrow some parts from other car company's, like Pagani Zonda uses the Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0 clima control in there car and Lamborghini uses the Nissan 300ZX headlights! Lamborghini and Ferrari uses the same fuelcaps!

Cheers
Bo Sørensen

SuPeRcAr_MaN
10-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Seems strange that their website posts a 0-62 time of 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 390 km/h...

12CylinderSymphony
11-10-2003, 03:40 PM
The guys on the gumball lost their fuel cap and found out the same one fitted on a new vw beetle. They went to a beetle showroom and they had no parts but they saw a new one on the forecourt and asked how much it costed. The dealer said $26000. The owner of the koenigsegg got out his wallet and gave over $26000 in cash, walked over to the car and took the fuel cap, then walked out. Most expensive fuel cap ever!!! :biggrin:

They also pulled 242mph in texas. Got timed by the police at 228mph too but they couldn't really chase it when it's going that quick.

And also their website says under 3.5 seconds. Koenigsegg don;t have an awful large amount of money so haven't done final performance tests yet.

mattman890
11-29-2003, 07:30 PM

245 MPH = 390 KPH

It is not the fastest production car. The bugatti veryon is.262 mph!!!

jsb88
11-30-2003, 01:28 PM
Is it bieng made yet?

Chris
12-01-2003, 01:30 AM
The Veyron still isnt out. They said to expect it in 2004 or 2005. So, all seems to be going just fine.
So, for now, the CC has the fastest car crown....if those speeds have been independently verified, run both ways on the same track within an hour of each other.
The McLaren F1 did this, and came off with 242mph. (I think that might have been peak speed on only one of the passes, though.)

92gst
12-06-2003, 01:28 AM
I thought I read that the Koenigsegg was going to retail for around $650,00 US

Chris
12-06-2003, 01:44 AM
$65000 = far too low, and $650000 is about twice the price they are asking.....Perhaps you are thinking of a Pagani Zonda S Convertable?

92gst
12-06-2003, 01:16 PM
I meant $650,000, but I guess I was thinking about another car. thanks for the correction.

DemoX
12-19-2003, 05:34 AM
It is not the fastest production car. The bugatti veryon is.262 mph!!!

If they ever get it releashed...

i've just heard that they have extented the releash date AGAIN for the 3rd or 4th time

by the way... didn't you read what I wrote?
the Bugatti Veyron isn't releashed yet...

Cheers
Bo Sørensen

El Tristano
12-20-2003, 05:52 AM
is this the cc8s we're on about?

DemoX
12-20-2003, 08:57 AM
yes that is correct..

moslerporschefreak
01-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Great car, damn shame that the company doesn't have its own section in this website. CC8S may be the fastest right now (unconfirmed if it beats the F1) but yeah, the 16/4 will beat it for sure. Its a great car, needs a tighter rear end in the turns, slips out too much. But I'd say its a beautiful beginning for a company that has some promise

///M3Phreak
01-10-2004, 05:17 PM
the ZZII comes in many engine formats, you can get it in V12s and V8s and the I-6 TT, But the I-6 isn't the exact skyline engine, its upgraded a lil and dubbed the RB27DETT. and Bugatti was testing there monster and something went wrong so there was a lil delay, this was a lil while ago so no worries, but keep in mine there engine is detuned slighty. If you have the privliage to own one im pretty sure you can choose other horsepower numbers depending on there tuning. Because think about it, its like haveing 2 straight 8 twin turbos in your car! But if you want best bang for buck i recommend the Noble M12 GTO3R. It is 53k and does 0-60 in 3.5 (enzo territory) and 1320 in 11.8. now thats impressive. Also keep an eye out for chryslers ME Four-Twelve

moslerporschefreak
01-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Not only does the Noble accelarate beautifully, it also handles like a race car. If you haven't seen it, watch Tiff's video about it.

As for the ME- Four Twelve, I am exited to see what it can actually do, but I have my doubts. One it comes from Chrylser, and though this is a totally unfair bias, I have only seen one succesful super car come from a large american company, and that was because it mimicked the LM racer of the 60's, it wasn't a totally new car in any respect (I think we all know what I'm talking about). Two, even if it does achieve all the acceleration that it claims, I still am somewhat reserved as to how it will handle. Remember, a car that go fast in a straight line but cannot turn is not only shit but wholly unsafe.

Don't get me wrong, I;m pulling for Chrysler to come off HUGE in this sector, I just am not placing any bets on it yet.

Volken
01-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Gentleman,

Postpone this nonsense utter of impossible virtue of the best.

The very essence of physical is to be made of compromise.

No drive is perfect, but you are speaking of rather high quantitative levels of quality like Koenigsegg, Zonda, Enzo…

With all respects to Enzo (FX), http://www.autodrome-cannes.com/ this site will give you enough data from real owners of the both cars,and dealer which claim Zonda is clearly a better car (obviously).

So proper relation is Zonda or Koenigsegg?

http://www.polarisuk.com/video/auto/Koenigsegg.wmv

This will give you all the answers you need!!!

Quality is excellent considering there are too many trash quality movies from the same car.

moslerporschefreak
01-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Uhh... I would be very hesitant to trust that comparison fully as proof of a Pagani superiority. With a match up that close, I would expect a more balanced supply of quotes from owners. As is, all are pro-Pagani, and the way the title is worded (reconfirming) indicates an inate bias.

As for the Koenigsegg video, first of all, though it was faster than the Pagani straightline, it was slower around a track. I wait eagerly for TG to do a Stig review of the Enzo, but until then, I think the Enzo is the better car of the three.

Again, I don't trust the legitimacy of that comparison. I could show a lot of things if I had the right quotes.

Volken
01-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Uhh... I would be very hesitant to trust that comparison fully as proof of a Pagani superiority. With a match up that close, I would expect a more balanced supply of quotes from owners. As is, all are pro-Pagani, and the way the title is worded (reconfirming) indicates an inate bias.

As for the Koenigsegg video, first of all, though it was faster than the Pagani straightline, it was slower around a track. I wait eagerly for TG to do a Stig review of the Enzo, but until then, I think the Enzo is the better car of the three.

Again, I don't trust the legitimacy of that comparison. I could show a lot of things if I had the right quotes.

Hahaha moslerporschefreak,

Exactly response I expected to gain.

I just love to invoke such reaction from people who are debating which one is bigger.

Relax , I couldn't care less which one is better, I would give them all 3 for free to you just for one 111s Elise.

Car that makes such attention to owner (Enzo,Pagani,Koenigsegg?), is really a not a sense of freedom and I couldn't care less.
PS: But you can't Deny this great Koenigsegg's Top Gear video. :lol2:

moslerporschefreak
01-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Haha. Don't take me wrong, I'm not wound tight about the enzo, I just like it. Anyways, if I were to own one of these cars, I'd say to hell with resell value and drive the thing into yesteryear. I despise the people who buy these cars and let them sit in a room for 20 years. FUBAR

Volken
01-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Haha. Don't take me wrong, I'm not wound tight about the enzo, I just like it. Anyways, if I were to own one of these cars, I'd say to hell with resell value and drive the thing into yesteryear. I despise the people who buy these cars and let them sit in a room for 20 years. FUBAR

All the handling, speed, and virtue on long stretched road where life
is pure joy I need...this is my only instrument to play that song :

http://www6.ocn.ne.jp/~kawamata/hp0631.jpg

Volken
01-13-2004, 05:49 PM
And you wanteed to see Enzo test?, well here you are,....

...from the man that owns two of them. And an F40, F40LM, F50, 333SP, 512BB, 575M, 456, 355, Dino, four 360s, a Lamborghini Diablo and Murcielago, Pagani Zonda, Porsche GT2 and Aston Martin Vanquish.
go to:

http://www.robertfarago.com/roadtests/default.asp?storyId=7812

He also tested Zonda, and I hear will do the Koenigsegg as well.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/images/7812-231243.jpg

moslerporschefreak
01-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Gave such good reviews for both that I don't knwo what to think

moslerporschefreak
01-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Also, know anything more about Benny Caiola? Some people on the Enzo forum would like to know more about his cars.

Volken
01-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Also, know anything more about Benny Caiola? Some people on the Enzo forum would like to know more about his cars.

Well, you should ask Robert, he is a good guy and he will response
fairly quick, some friend of his to best of my knowledge.

DavkeG
02-05-2004, 10:12 AM
The doors are just simply amazing.
Make's the enzo look regular

moslerporschefreak
02-05-2004, 03:34 PM
yep, we've morphed the thread.

falco1
09-15-2004, 11:56 AM
awsome car I love the only car I would ever buy and not build

Add your comment to this topic!