Please help me choose the right first car

WhatShouldIget
09-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Hello everyone, I am 24 years old from Toronto (I am from the suburbs actually but it's close). I drove my father's car for years and now I need my own. I have not more than $10,000 for the car and that price should cover EVERYTHING I need for the car other than upgrades I will spend on individually later on :)

Facts:

I can't drive manual (yeah it sucks) so please don't ask if I can.
I want something sporty (2 doors or 4 or a hatchback).
I will share this vehicle with my mother and sister so it can't be something like a Toyota Celica which according to them is " too small and uncomfortable".
I love how reliable Toyota Camry is and honestly the car looks great but I want something more powerful but as reliable or close to it at least.
I already said I can ONLY afford in TOTAL on EVERYTHING not more than $10,000CAD so if it's even a dollar more it's out of my budget
I LOVE MUSTANGS but doubt I can get a nice one in good condition for the price (they're coming with a face-lift on 2015 and I will probably finance that if I will be able to afford it then) I also hear that the Mustang V6 2004 has a good name when it comes to power and reliability but I am not sure how true it is, so let me know.
I love the 2014 Subaru BRZ and I checked it for insurance and it was $245/month. (I don't know how accurate it is but just saying) I love that car.
Keep in mind that this is my first car so even if a Lamborghini is only 5 bucks, I still won't get it because the insurance will rape me. So please be mindful when it comes to cheap but insurance costly cars.

I will periodically add more points but for now this is it. Please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

WhatShouldIget
09-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Anyone? I thought there are many helpful people on this forum.

Add your comment to this topic!