Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 cadillac escalade sputtering problems

eddie_vandusen
05-04-2013, 09:24 AM
i am having a problem with my 2000 cadillac escalade 5.7l vortec it idles good and if i give it throttle slowly it will drive fine but when i give it alot of gas it starts sputtering and doesnt have any power ive checked the fuel pressure its good running at 52lbs and ive replace coil wires and plugs i hooked a computer up to it and it wasnt pulling anything but o2 sensor codes but i dont have cats on it so thats why its pulling those codes when i mash the throttle it acts like its loading up or doesnt have any fuel but my pressure is great the guy that hooked the computer up is a family friend thats a mechanic and he said all of the sensors look good tps and the other day i was driving on the highway and it got worse i could only go like 30mph and when i killed it at home it wouldnt start so i replaced the coil and it started again but im still having the same problem no power and sputtering can someone please help me and i checked the distrubitor cap and it looks good

maxwedge
05-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Could be wrong here but check your fuel pressure specs I think the Vortec is 60-65 psi.

eddie_vandusen
05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
I checked on the internet and it says that as long as ur fuel pump on the vehicle runs at 50psi its good but thank u

Add your comment to this topic!