Washer Fluid Level Indicator stays on when reservoir is full.

sierra77
04-30-2013, 08:05 AM
2010 Traverse: Has anyone had to change the Washer Fluid Level Sensor in a Traverse?
My 2010 was flagging me that the fluid was low the other day. I filled it up and the warning indicator stayed on. I checked the manual and there didn't seem to be a reset procedure in there, so I'm guessing it's a bad sensor? I can get the sensor fairly inexpensive at the parts store, but am not sure of the procedure to replace it. If anyone can lend a hand with some insight, I'd be much appreciative.
Thanks.

gmtech1
04-30-2013, 12:03 PM
To get to the level sensor, you'll need to remove the inner fender lining on that side. Hopefully the sensor will take care of it. Could also have a wire shorted to ground or a cluster problem. Would need a scanner to diag the cluster...

sierra77
05-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Does the sensor have a type of float on it that lowers when the level gets low? Just curious what type of sensor it is. There wasn't any indication of a problem before last weekend when it notified that it was low. If it has a float, could it possibly just be stuck? I am assuming that it is in the bottom of the reservoir and I will have to syphon out the fluid before removing it? Thanks.

j cAT
05-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Does the sensor have a type of float on it that lowers when the level gets low? Just curious what type of sensor it is. There wasn't any indication of a problem before last weekend when it notified that it was low. If it has a float, could it possibly just be stuck? I am assuming that it is in the bottom of the reservoir and I will have to syphon out the fluid before removing it? Thanks.

what I have seen is if it is the float sw type like my 2000 silverado the sensor may have rotated in its mounting causing a full condition even when empty. not good when in a snow slop storm ....rotate so it is in the correct position.

Tech II
05-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Just disconnect it and see if the light goes out....

Add your comment to this topic!