Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 LeSabre Power Window problem

Alpha One
04-25-2013, 02:25 AM
My 95 LeSabre front driver's side window, stops in the middle.
As I press the up or down switch, it moves about a third of the distance and stops. If I wait about 5 minutes and press the up or down again, it will move again, then stop. I have to do this about 3 times, sometimes 4, for the window to go from bottom to top or from top to bottom.
Is as if the motor is weak.
I appreciate any ideas.

Tech II
04-25-2013, 11:32 AM
If the window is not shifting to the left or right as it goes up/down(bad regulator/guide/etc.), then you may have a weak motor(these motors have internal circuit breakers).....

One thing you can try first, is buy a can of silicone spray.....with the window all the way down, spray the front and rear guides, excessively....Now have someone help to bring the window all the way up(by grabbing both sides of window with palms and pulling up) as you press the switch....do the same thing going all the way down.....repeat spraying....do this several times....

If that doesn't work, you will have to remove the door trim, and verify everything is lined up and the regulator does not have any play....if ok, you need a new motor....

Add your comment to this topic!