Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

All season tires

indyram
04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
I am wondering if anyone from the northern states has had good luck with their tires on snow/ice and overall performance. I need to get new tires and have found mediocre reviews, but nothing that really stands out. Running the 17's. Thanks

MagicRat
04-08-2013, 10:22 PM
As you know, most all-season tires simply cannot perform well enough on snow and ice to receive a winter rating.

Very recently, some manufacturers have developed winter-rated tires (with the mountain and snowflake on the sidewall) which provide acceptable dry and summer performance.

Check out these.
Nokian WR
Yokohama W Drive
Hankook Optimo 4S
Vredestein Quatrac3.

Goodyear Tripletred does not have the winter tire rating, but performs better than most regular all seasons in winter.

Source:http://www.wheels.ca/now-manufacturers-are-making-all-weather-tires/

indyram
04-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Understandable. Suprisingly the Mastercraft tires that were on there when I bought it weren't all that bad last winter. I previously had a set of Bridgestone G009 on a Grand Prix that did quite wall all around and in the snow/ice. The replacement model for those I have been told has a significant problem with cupping.

Two of the better looking options that the local store has are the Yokohama avid TRZ and the Michelin defender. Any experience with those?

Add your comment to this topic!