Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Please help.. 1994 civic swap problem

Civic71629
02-07-2013, 07:03 PM
I bought a 1994 civic dx hatch. The motor was no good. So I bought a 97 d16y7 engine and tranny. I used all of the parts off of my d15 and put on the d16( intake exhaust alternator distributor and everything) I was able to use my same wiring harness. I'm running short of funds and really need to get this thing running. It will crank over I don't think it's sparking at all... Any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

CivicSpoon
02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Make sure to check all ground wires. There's one for the transmission to the chassis, one to the front driver's side to the chassis by the headlight, and of course the main sensor/ECU ground attached to the thermostat housing.

I'm assuming you're using new plug wires, and not the stock D15B7 ones correct? If so, then try this, to see for sure whether you're getting spark or not:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=201999

Are you sure the timing engine timing was done properly? Left and right camshaft pulley marks are level with the head, and the mark on the timing belt crank drive pulley is lined up with the pointer on the oil pump.

Civic71629
02-08-2013, 07:49 AM
I was looking I only have 2 ground wires one on the transmission and one on the right front of the engine I can't find the other.... And I used the d16 wires with the d16 distributor? Is that ok? I checked and it's not getting spark at all... No I haven't checked the timing we took it out of a car that was runnin when we pulled it. But ill check that.

Add your comment to this topic!