Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need to put Seat Back

happydog500
01-15-2013, 09:41 PM
I pulled up to an espresso stand today, I got a little to close and hit my side mirror off. I tired to take the bolts off to repair the mirror, so I took my door panel off, and broke the master window/seat/mirror strip.

Before it broke, somehow I made the seat go all the way back. It will be a while before I can get it back together.

I can hardly reach the pedals and steering. How can I get the drivers seat back without the master strip? Can I touch certain wires or something?

Thank you,
Chris.

Tech II
01-16-2013, 01:08 PM
You will need two jumper leads.......disconnect the harness from the seat switch.....orange wire is power and the black is ground......attach a test light to the two wires to confirm.....the two wires to the forward/back motor are lt green and tan.....jumper the orange wire to the light green and the black wire to the tan.....if the wrong direction, reverse the wires....

happydog500
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
You will need two jumper leads.......disconnect the harness from the seat switch.....orange wire is power and the black is ground......attach a test light to the two wires to confirm.....the two wires to the forward/back motor are lt green and tan.....jumper the orange wire to the light green and the black wire to the tan.....if the wrong direction, reverse the wires....

Thank you very much. It worked good. Couldn't go up or down but I got it forward to where I need it.
Working on a car in the wind at 16* sure isn't fun. I gave up on taking the mirror off, I'll wait until spring.

Thank you,
Chris.

Add your comment to this topic!