Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Lesabre leaks antifreezer near intake manifold

Alpha One
01-15-2013, 10:51 AM
My 95 Buick LeSabre leaks antifreeze from near the intake manifold. If even appear to be from a joint between the piece where the accelerator cable attaches and the manifold.
However, there is no antifreeze in the oil or exhaust.
Anyone knows about this?

Thank you,
Tony

Tech II
01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Possible Throttle body gasket....

Blue Bowtie
01-15-2013, 08:55 PM
... And the thermostat housing is right below that. Then there is the CTS port in the same end of the intake, and the intake flange at the head.

Look closely with good lighting.

Alpha One
03-29-2013, 03:24 PM
My 95 LeSabre is now leaking from an area near the bottom of the engine. It's not from the water pump or hose over the area. It's in the area behind the AC Compressor. I see the anti-freezer coming out near the AC pulley at the bottom of the engine. Can it be from the crank shaft seal? What else is there to leak from? Thank you.

Tech II
03-29-2013, 09:07 PM
I would go to a place like AutoZone, and rent a coolant pressure tester....this will pinpoint the leak....even though it looks like it's leaking from below, it could be from above and then trickling downward....

On these engines, the usual culprits are upper intake and throttle body gaskets....lower intake gasket(but this is usually an internal leak, not external)....water pump....radiator(can squirt a leak in any direction)....hoses....heater core.....head gasket(rare on this engine)....front timing cover(also rare)....

Coolant will not come from a crankshaft seal.....oil will.....

Sometimes the w/p can leak and be hard to see, because it leaks at the weep hole underneath the pump.....when bad enough, the belt can fling it everywhere.......on your engine, on the passenger side, above the water pump, is a hose that comes out of the lower intake...it is clamped to a screwed in outlet tube......this can crack right where it screws in....it looks intact, but a pressure test will definitely show if it is leaking(while under pressure, give it a little tug....be careful...if it is ready break, the coolant under pressure will go everywhere).....if instead of a tube outlet and hose out of the lower intake, you might see a plastic elbow instead(not sure which year they changed from the outlet tube to the right angle plastic tube).....but guess what?....in both cases , they leak where they enter the lower intake....the pressure test will show this.....

Alpha One
04-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Thank you for all your responses. I fixed both leaks. I replaced the Manifold gasket and the Timing Chain cover gasket. Not as difficult as I thought.

Add your comment to this topic!