Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Break trouble , keeps going to floor

jbander
12-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I have a 96 voyager, it has been a great car for the last 10 years I've had it. My brake peddle goes down to the floor, it gives brake but I think barely and my brake light comes on. I have Bled it twice and changed the master cylinder , neither worked, I'm perplexed, my mechanic thinks it is the abs any other thoughts. I would really appreciate any advice you may have.

gmtech1
12-14-2012, 11:06 PM
I assume you have checked the entire system for leaks. If you properly bled the system after the master cylinder replacement, it is possible the there is some internal leakage in the ABS unit causing the pedal fade. Depending on the quality of the master cylinder you used, you may also have a bad part...

jbander
12-14-2012, 11:36 PM
I assume you have checked the entire system for leaks. If you properly bled the system after the master cylinder replacement, it is possible the there is some internal leakage in the ABS unit causing the pedal fade. Depending on the quality of the master cylinder you used, you may also have a bad part... ******* Thanks much for the response. Well the master cylinder was new just a few months ago and another one was put in didn't change a thing. There is no loss of brake fluid , wouldn't that be totally apparent if there was a leek. I'll ask the mechanic what he thinks about just another bad master cylinder. Thanks any other ideas.

RIP
12-15-2012, 03:14 PM
They are bleeding the MCs separate from the rest of the system either on a bench or on the van correct?

Add your comment to this topic!