Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP! I think something fell out from under my car

AnnaLach
08-26-2012, 10:42 PM
I have a 2002 Chevy Prizm. I was dropping my friend off today and as she got out of the car, I heard something metal hit the ground. I backed my car up and found a solid, half-circle metal thing on the ground. It looks as if it fell off more towards the front of the car. There is a picture attached. I have no idea what it is. I took the object and put it in my car, and drove home. Everything seemed to be working fine! I don't know what it is, my boyfriend said it might be one of the exhaust brackets? I am not too good with cars, and this is my first car. HELP!! What fell out from under my car?! It it possible it's just something that got caught up underneath my car? But it's heavy, solid metal, I feel like if it got caught uo under my car I would have heard it. Help me!!!:confused::frown:

phipps
08-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Does look like a hanger of some sort. Have anybody who can crawl under the car and look around for a broken hanger?

AnnaLach
08-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Does look like a hanger of some sort. Have anybody who can crawl under the car and look around for a broken hanger?

My neighbor who is a mechanic is going to come look at it today. I tried to look under there, to me everything looks fine but then again I'm no mechanic. Would it be bad if I drove it? Is there a quick fix for this? How much do you think it would cost? And how long would it be in the shop for?

gmtech1
08-27-2012, 09:12 AM
It looks like something on or around the exhaust. Is it possible that you ran it over and it just sounded like it came from your car? If everything feels and sounds normal to you, go ahead and drive it, but have your neighbor look at it when he gets the chance. Walk around the back and give the exhaust a good shake to see if it moves around a lot or makes and clunking noises when moved.

AnnaLach
08-27-2012, 09:42 AM
It looks like something on or around the exhaust. Is it possible that you ran it over and it just sounded like it came from your car? If everything feels and sounds normal to you, go ahead and drive it, but have your neighbor look at it when he gets the chance. Walk around the back and give the exhaust a good shake to see if it moves around a lot or makes and clunking noises when moved.

Yeah my boyfriend said it looked like a bracket Or something for the exhaust. That's what I was thinking, I might have ran over something but I feel like I would have heard it get caught up under my car. Yeah definitely my neighbor is going to come over and look at it! He's a mechanic and he sold me the car.

Add your comment to this topic!