Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hots for Town Car

07-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Howdy,

At the present time I drive a Buick Park Avenue. This PA is my first big car. I love the big car feel and how it drives. I have a old friend who has had Cads and Town Cars. He likes Town Cars the best. I have been thinking (lusting) about a Lincoln Town Car for maybe the last six months. As I get older I would like to try a good used Town Car. The Town Car is much cheaper then a new wife at my age. I think my wife of 48 years would also like the TC.

Any body on this forum had both a PA and TC. I guess I need some good reasons to buy a TC. What do you all think.

Thanks from a old guy who likes big cars and looking at good looking older women.

:sarcasmsign: :)

homeskillet43
07-31-2013, 06:07 PM
I have never owned a Park Avenue, but I have driven one. The ride of the Town Car is exceptional. The cost of maintenance is reasonable and many of the jobs are do it yourself. I have owned a 1996 Lincoln Town Car, purchased it for $1500 and drove it for five years, not spending more than $1000 in repairs. The only reason I got rid of it was the frame cracked in two places, I did not weld it because I was too afraid the weld would break. I purchased a 1999 Lincoln Town Car Cartier edition about two weeks ago, and the ride on this car is amazing as well. Get yourself a town car, and enjoy the ride.

mrfix
10-14-2016, 09:55 AM
I had a '96 PA and three Town Cars (1992, 2001, and my present 2005) All the TCs were Signature, the present being a Limited. The PA was a good car, but didn't compare to the TCs. IMO, the rear wheel drive makes a big difference. They seem to be quieter, handle better, and smoother riding. Also had a Merc. Grand Marquis (TCs lesser cousin) Really liked all the Ford products. They all got good fuel economy for what they are (big, heavy car with a V-8). Averaged about 22 mpg combined city/highway.

Never owned one (was a limo driver for a while), but the old, big Caddys were pretty nice too. All the newer "luxury" cars don't compare well since they are all now just dressed up versions of the downsized Ford/GM cars.

61marty
06-09-2018, 07:04 AM
I used to have a 2000 park ave I loved the big Buick
In fact I have always been a Buick guy I started my love for Buick way back
The 1961 Buick was and is the standard I judge cars by
I just got a1995 Town Car and I find the ride and comfort just as satisfying
The TC is just as long as my 61 invicta I replaced the shot air suspension with coils
And it’s still super smooth I was looking for a big Buick when I found the Town car
Now I am a believer I am very pleased with the Lincoln

Add your comment to this topic!