Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help Kia sedoa cam plug

ffshnike
06-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi I am in need of anyone who can tell me how to replace the cam plug on my 2004 kia sedona. It looks like just a harmless plug but it keeps popping out leaking all my oil everywhere. My mechanic is on vacation this week and I cant really drive it anywhere with oil blowing out everywhere. Is this something I can fix easy? I'm going to replace the pcv valve also but is there anything special I need to do to replace it or just tap the new plug in? Please help I need it by tomorrow!

rhandwor
07-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Hi I am in need of anyone who can tell me how to replace the cam plug on my 2004 kia sedona. It looks like just a harmless plug but it keeps popping out leaking all my oil everywhere. My mechanic is on vacation this week and I cant really drive it anywhere with oil blowing out everywhere. Is this something I can fix easy? I'm going to replace the pcv valve also but is there anything special I need to do to replace it or just tap the new plug in? Please help I need it by tomorrow!
Normally they have a seal for the cam shaft. You can try a new seal put permatex aviation gasket sealer around the out side of the new seal. If this doesn't hold you can purchase a rebuilt head. Lubricate the inside of the new seal use a large socket to drive it into place. A crimped seal will leak.

rhandwor
07-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Normally they have a seal for the cam shaft. You can try a new seal put permatex aviation gasket sealer around the out side of the new seal. If this doesn't hold you can purchase a rebuilt head. Lubricate the inside of the new seal use a large socket to drive it into place. A crimped seal will leak.
If your talking about a freeze plug it would leak anti freeze.

Add your comment to this topic!