Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

trans fluid temp light

corem
06-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I have a 1998 with the 2.5ltre engine with automatic trans the trans temp light flash at times. Was wondering were to start with this. the fluid is clean and does not seem to get hot when driven. any ideas will help.

somick
06-11-2012, 10:14 AM
As far as I know there is fault code stored in the computer. You need to read it.

Good luck,
Sam

corem
06-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks for this will check and post when I find out the code.

speediva
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Keep us posted, and let us know what you finally do come up with to resolve the issue!

corem
08-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I found the code it says transmission torque converter solenoid. It runs great and shifts fine. I can find nothing unplugged or a bad connection. The only thing I have done was head gaskets and torque converter seal. Which I tried to keep from doing this but was not my choice.

matthew24u
08-03-2012, 07:19 PM
If nothing is unplugged then since you had the trans out & they were unplugged at one time you should unplug them and check all pin connectors make sure there not bent and that they are making good contact. check all tour wiring make sure nothing is grounding out skinned or twisted together. the way you say it goes on & off I bet something is grounding in & out from time to time. just check and re-check the wires real good, if that all is okay then i would look at the temp sending unit and when it comes on and says its hot make sure it isn`t by checking temp manually with infared laser temp device or surface temp thermometer. P.S. take your time examining the wires peel back the tape or wire loom covers, even the smallest break in the wire coating will cause it to ground out and trigger that light. signed, always stuck in diagnostics!!

Add your comment to this topic!