Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Probe - Reverse, Backup Lights Not Working

pdallard
04-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks for this great Forum!

Just changed the backup bulds, fuse is good but no lights when I put it in reverse. I see from a diagram there is a "back up lamp Switch" located to the left of the battery. Is this an actual bulb or an inline fuse & should it fix my problem? I can't seem to find the damn thing.

Thanks for any help

tempfixit
04-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks for this great Forum!

Just changed the backup bulds, fuse is good but no lights when I put it in reverse. I see from a diagram there is a "back up lamp Switch" located to the left of the battery. Is this an actual bulb or an inline fuse & should it fix my problem? I can't seem to find the damn thing.

Thanks for any help

Manual or automatic tranny??? THe neutral safety switch normally controls the back up lights.

pdallard
04-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks for your reply!

Sorry about that it's a 5 speed (Base) 2.0L - So where would the neutral safety switch be located? I think I located the back up lamp Switch, it sits between the battery & the plugs with a small female wire fitting, the switch looks like it screws into a portion of the block-

Thanks again!

tempfixit
04-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Gon to www.autozne.com (http://www.autozne.com) and look up back up switch, it will show you apicture of the switch. That should help you indentify the switch.

Add your comment to this topic!