Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear passenger lifter (done)!

chamblizi
03-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey, I'm Phil need to know how to change out the tappet/hydrolic lifters in my 1975 Ford Ranchero 6.6L

Its completely done in the back side one lifter sticking and its not cute at all... i can here it slap....

maxwedge
03-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Phil, no shop manual I assume, most engines require removing the valve cover, the rocker assy's, the pushrod, then remove the intake manifold to access the lifter, now that said some engines have enough room to get to the lifter with a magnet down through an opening in the head where the push rod comes thru, rare case though.

chamblizi
03-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Phil, no shop manual I assume, most engines require removing the valve cover, the rocker assy's, the pushrod, then remove the intake manifold to access the lifter, now that said some engines have enough room to get to the lifter with a magnet down through an opening in the head where the push rod comes thru, rare case though.

I am sure i have to remove the intake as well as the covers to remove it... where talking classic here god knows what could be under the intake manifold..... could be dead flaky bird in there... XD

Add your comment to this topic!